RO or Reverse Osmosis is that the most ordinarily used water purification in India, suitable for all types of water sources like Borewells, River water, or Municipality Supplied water. RO may be a very Robust technology that will purify the foremost contaminated, even salty water in only one go. RO Water Purifiers that accompany a mixture of UV, UF, and MF filters can remove all kinds of impurities like Mud, Sand, Bacteria, Viruses, Cysts, and dissolved salts like calcium, magnesium, potassium, and metals like lead, arsenic, etc.
You have to be very careful while selecting an RO water purifier because, alongside removing contaminants, it’s equally important to take care of an honest amount of important minerals like calcium, potassium, magnesium within the water.
Please don’t get confused. It will be explained in a detailed way.
TDS means “Total Dissolved Solids” which is that the measure of dissolved minerals, salts, metals, and impurities within the water. The ideal Range of TDS is between 100 and 300ppm. TDS between 300 to 500 ppm is additionally acceptable. If the TDS is above 500 ppm, it means the water is tough and does not fit for Drinking.
TDS range below 100 ppm isn’t ideal because it is barren of most minerals.
Before ordering a water purifier, the primary thing you ought to do is to seek out the TDS levels in your water source.
It is very easy to live the TDS in water; you’ll purchase a TDS meter for ₹150 or ₹200. Just take a glass of water and insert the TDS meter into it, and it’ll show you the reading.
With numerous brands within the market and declaring that their purification technology is best, it gets confusing to settle on the proper water purifier. You might get frustrated by various marketing terms like RO, UV, UF, TDS, Cooper RO, Mineral Booster, Mineralizer
This post will explain all the newest water purification technologies in a simple and detailed way.
Which is that the Best Water Purifier in India?
Every month we spend many hours researching and testing the RO water purifier models to place forward the list of the highest 10 RO water purifiers that are Perfectly suitable for All Indian homes.
Our Research includes Testing popular water purifier models by inputting both Groundwater and Municipality supplied water, Contacting many real users using the actual models, taking note of their feedback, taking to customer care, and evaluating their support quality. We also consider Annual Maintenance Costs.
1. KENT Supreme Extra
Best Selling RO Water Purifier in India With Zero Water Wastage, but there’s a catch.
We have been testing Kent RO water purifiers since 2016. Previous models like Kent Pearl, Kent Grand have a faulty designs. The components aren’t tightly packed in those models, numerous users complained about cockroaches entering the machine. Over the years, the planning has improved tons. The Kent Supreme comes with a Food Grade Plastic Body, and thus the components are push-fit which suggests the purifier is leak-proof.
Coming to the Purification Process, this Kent model comes with a 7 stage purification process that has treatment of the water by Reverse Osmosis, Ultraviolet Bulb, and UF (UltraFiltration) Chambers. This Model is suitable for all types of water sources like Borewells, Overhead tank water, river water, or municipality-supplied water. This Kent RO model can even purify water having TDS levels up to 2000 ppm.
- 7 Stage Water Purification With RO + UV + UF + Alkaline + TDS Controller
- Zero Water Wastage
- Storage Capacity is 8 Litres, and Water Purification Capacity is 20L/Hr
- In-Tank UV LED for keeping water pure for extended periods
- TDS Controller for adjusting the TDS level of output water.
- Suitable for all types of water sources Municipality, Tap, salty water.
- Excellent Build Quality with Push-fit Components for Leak-Proof Performance.
- Filter Change and UV Fail Alarms
- 1 Year Warranty on the merchandise Plus 3 Years no service fee
- The annual Maintenance cost is around ₹3000
Why do we Recommend Kent Supreme extra?
Most of the Local RO water purifiers remove all the essential natural minerals from the water alongside impurities, and drinking such low TDS water bereft of minerals isn’t Goof for health.
Unline Local RO Models, Kent Supreme extra comes with a TDS controller that permits for the retention of natural minerals so you’ll enjoy a safe and attractive beverage.
This Mineral RO Technology is straightforward. After the pre-filtration, some of the input water is going to be directly sent to UF Chamber, and it’ll not undergo the RO Membrane. within the final stages, both the water are going to be mixed and sent to UV Chamber. this is often done to retain the natural minerals within the water.
The best thing is, during installation, you’ll adjust the TDS Controller to line the specified TDS Level for the output water. it’s better if you retain this level around 250-300ppm.
Another important feature in Kent Supreme extra is In-Tank UV Disinfection. there’s a UV Bulb within the tank, and there’s no chance for bacterial growth, and therefore the water stored within the tank is often used for extended durations safely.
The tank can safely store 8 Litres of water directly, and this Model can purify up to twenty Litres of water in an hour. This model is perfectly suitable for Medium size Indian families. albeit there are frequent power cuts, there’ll be enough water left within the tank.
The Annual Maintenace cost is going to be around ₹3500. It depends on the input water source and usage. If your input water has excessive TDS levels above 1500ppm, maintenance is going to be a touch bit higher. Otherwise, it’s around Rs 3000 per annum.
Why is it Good?
- Kent Supreme extra is Fully Automatic and comes with Filter change and UV Fail Alarms that provide you with a warning when there’s a requirement to vary the filter. The Water purifier will stop automatically if you don’t change the filter.
- The Zero water wastage technology in Kent Supreme is Good, but it’s not for everybody.
- Zero wastage is achieved by re-circulating the RO reject water into the overhead tank using its pump. The Reject hookah is going to be left during a washbasin or a bucket for other water purifier models.
- If you’ve got a private house, you’ll found out this re-circulation connection to the overhead tank to avoid water wastage. it’ll not be possible if you reside in an apartment complex. In such cases, you’ll use the drain water for laundry or cleaning purposes.
What are the drawbacks?
- For people that don’t have their overhead tank, zero water wastage isn’t possible.
- This Model is priced a touch bit on the upper side.
- Alkaline water Term is additionally a Marketing Gimmick.
2. HUL Pureit Copper+ Mineral RO
Best RO Water Purifier With Precise Copper Dosing. Now, More water purifier brands are offering copper-rich water, and every one of them isn’t Good. Drinking water from a copper vessel is an ancient and well-established Indian tradition that supported Ayurvedic Science. Copper has many added health benefits; a correct amount of Copper in water can improve digestion, aids weight loss, and be good for immunity.
Like everything else, excess Copper in water is additionally not good for health, and this is often why we don’t recommend water purifiers that accompany a copper tank.
Just 2 or 3 Glasses of copper-enriched water per day is quite enough to avail the advantages of Copper.
- RO Purified water with Goodness of Copper
- 7 Stage Purification Process with Sediment Filter, Carbon Filter, RO, UV, Post-RO Carbon Filter, and Micro Filter membrane.
- Suitable for all types of Water Sources Like Borewells, Overhead Tank water, Taps,
- Brackish water having TDS levels up to 2000 mg/lit.
- 8 Litre tank is sweet for Medium Size family
- The purification capacity is 28 liters per hour.
- Two chump buttons for Dispensing RO water and Copper Charged RO water separately.
- Digital display board with Tank Full and Filter Change LED Indicators.
- One year warranty on the merchandise
- The annual Maintenance cost is around ₹4000
Why can we recommend Pureit Copper+ RO Water Purifier?
Unlike the models with copper storage, Pureit Copper+ charges RO water with Copper in Real-time while dispensing the water; this is often through with the assistance of a singular technology called “electrochemical dissolution of Copper in water.”
This technology also ensures you get precise dosing and therefore the correct quantity of Copper in every glass.
The best thing about Pureit Copper+ is, this water purifier comes with Dual water dispensing option, and you usually have the selection to settle on RO water, or Copper Charged RO water. There are two soft-touch buttons one for dispensing Copper charged RO water and therefore the other for dispensing normal RO water.
There is a hidden drawback for Water purifiers with Touch Controls. The touch controls won’t work if there’s an influence cut, and you’ll not dispense water albeit there’s enough water present within the tank. We have been sending feedbacks to all or any of the water purifier brands regarding this, and HUL has considered this aspect. along with side soft-touch controls, you’ll also install a Manual Tap for this water purifier.
The Tap allows you to dispense Normal RO water even when there’s no electricity. Please note that this water purifier can dispense Copper charged RO water only there’s electricity because the Copper is infused into the water in real-time.
Installing the faucet is important for many folks because there’ll be frequent power cuts, especially during the summer. If you’ve got an inverter backup or don’t have power cuts, there’s no got to install the faucet.
Another common issue with Copper Vessels or Copper Storage-based water purifiers is, they require frequent cleaning using salt, lemon, vinegar, or tamarind paste to avoid oxidation. As Pureit Copper+ RO adds the Copper to the water in real-time and doesn’t sport a copper tank, there’s no got to clean the tank.
Why is it Good?
- Along with the Added benefits of Copper within the water, the HUL Pureit Copper+ RO water purifier does the work of a standard RO water purifier. just like the Kent Supreme model mentioned above, This Pureit model also comes with a TDS Modulator/Controller to retain the natural minerals within the water.
- This Pureit RO comes with an enormous tank that will hold 8 Litres of purified beverage. This RO is capable of purifying up to twenty-eight Litres of water in one hour and is perfectly fitted to a family of 4 to six members. However, the purification capacity depends on external factors like water quality, TDS levels, the lifetime of filters, and input water pressure.
- Pureit Copper+ RO not only gives you a Safe beverage but also looks Ultra Modern. The Black and copper combination looks attractive, and you’ll either place this water purifier on a Table or Wall Mount it.
- The functioning of the chump buttons is additionally good. You don’t need to press and hold the button to dispense the water. With one touch, this water purifier can dispense the water continuously for 3 minutes. you’ll stop water dispensing whenever you would like by again pressing the button.
- This water purifier will alert 15 days beforehand if there’s a requirement to vary the filter.
What are the drawbacks?
- This HUL water purifier is Priced on the upper side.
- In the absence of electricity, there’s no choice to dispense Copper charged RO water; you simply get normal RO water.
Points to notice
If your input water pressure is a smaller amount than 10 PSI, you’ve got to put in a pressure-enhancing pump for this model.
Also, If there’s excess TDS above 1000ppm in your water, it’s better to put in an antiscalant because it will improve the lifespan of the RO membrane.
3. HUL Pureit Eco Water Saver Mineral RO+UV+MF
Highest Water Saving RO Water Purifier With an outsized 10 Litre tank
Unlike Kent Supreme Extra Pureit Eco Water Saver RO doesn’t need a re-circulation connection for saving water.
With the assistance of HUL’s Trademark Eco Recovery technology, this water purifier minimizes Reject water to but one glass for every glass of water purified.
- 7-Stage Purification that has a Pre-Sediment Filter, Pre-RO Carbon Filter, Mesh Filter, RO Membrane, UV Build, Post-RO Carbon Filter, and Micro Filter Membrane
- Large Storage of 10 Litres – Suitable for giant Family
- Excellent Purification capacity of up to 24 liters per hour.
- Suitable for all types of water sources like Borewells, Tank water, and water with TDS levels up to 2000 ppm.
- Pressure rating – 10-30 PSI
- Highest Level of water-saving up to 60% recovery rate.
- This is a 100% RO water purifier.
- Mineral Cartridge for Essential Minerals Like Calcium and Magnesium.
- USEPA Compliant.
Why we propose Pureit ECO Water Saver
Pureit ECO water saver RO is certainly the proper choice of RO for any household facing water scarcity. If you’re concerned about saving water, but you don’t have an overhead tank to recirculate the reject water, you’ll choose this Pureit model. because the water wastage is extremely less, this is often the right choice of RO water purifier for many Indian Homes and Apartments.
Pureit Eco Water Saver comes with a 7 stage purification process. albeit your water sources are muddy, you don’t need to install a separate pre-filter. This model comes with 2 Pre-filters, a carbon filter that removes dirt, fine particles, chlorine, and other harmful pesticides.
Enough Filtration is completed before the water is shipped into the RO membrane that takes care of dissolved salts and hard metals. Unlike some RO models that divert some water from the RO membrane, this model offers a 100% RO purification, which suggests all the water is shipped through the RO membrane, and essential minerals like Calcium and Magnesium are going to be added to the RO purified water at the top of the purification process.
This Mechanism is extremely useful for people living in a polluted environment, or the input water has greater amounts of salts and metals.
Other filters like UV Chamber, Post RO Carbon, and Micro Filtration will make sure that the water is free from all contaminants.
Since this model comes with a really big 10 Litre tank, the planning is heavy. The LED panel purifier has four indicators that provide tank full alert, electricity fault alert, filter change, and low input water pressure alert.
What are the Benefits?
- The neatest thing about this Pureit ECO Water Saver water purifier is its significant water recovery rate of up to 60%.
- If you’re a medium family of 5 members and consume 10 liters of beverage, this Eco-Saver model saves around 80 glasses of water daily.
- Another advantage is that this purifier offers 100% RO purification, which suggests albeit you reside near a polluted river or a chemical factory, this water purifier will give not only pure but also tasty water by adding natural minerals at the top of the purification process.
- The filter change alert system is superb, and it notifies you 15 days before the filter expiry. If you don’t change the filter even after 15 days, the cleaner will pack up automatically.
- HUL features a wide selection of service centers across India, and therefore the service quality is sweet in most places.
Are there any Drawbacks?
- The Design may be a bit Bulky because it comes with a large tank.
Points to notice
After Installing this water purifier, Please discard the primary 10 liters filled within the tank. it’s also better to discard the water whenever you modify the Germkill Kit or filters.
The Annual Maintenance cost is going to be around Rs. 3500 per annum. The lifetime of the Filters depends on your input water quality.
4. AquaSure from Aquaguard Delight RO+UV+UF+MTDS Water Purifier
Best Budget RO Water Purifier in India With Manual TDS Adjustment
Aquaguard Delight maybe a Simple and Compact model suitable for Any Water Source and is priced under Rs 10000. This RO Can serve the beverage needs of a little family of three or 4 members.
- 7 stages Purification Process With I Filter, Chemi Block, MTDS, RO, UF, Post Carbon, and UV Filters.
- Suitable Water Storage Capacity of seven Liters
- Manual TDS Adjuster (MTDS)
- 6000 Liters of Cartridge Life
- Perfectly Suitable for top TDS water up to 2000ppm.
- Slim Design with Table Top and Wall Mount options
- Smart LED Indicators
- One Year Warranty
Why we Recommend AquaSure Delight
With the assistance of MTDS (Manual TDS regulator), you’ll effortlessly adjust the TDS levels of the RO purified water.
We recommend you retain this MTDS setting between 250 to 350ppm. Water with a TDS range of around 300ppm is safe and crammed with vital minerals like calcium and magnesium.
The Purification capacity of this water purifier is additionally fast. With moderate water pressure, the 7-liter tank is filled in only 15 to twenty minutes.
Coming to the purification process, AquaSure Delight comes with a 7 stage purifying process. A Pre-Filter and Carbon filter is used within the first stages to get rid of the suspended dust, must, chlorine, and other organic impurities.
This Pre Filtration is sweet because it increases the lifetime of the RO membrane, which is that the costliest replacement part when it involves RO water purifiers. If your water source is crammed with dust and dirt, it’s better to put in a further pre-filter.
In the Later Stage, the RO membrane removes the Hard metals, pesticides and reduces the hardness of the water. The Post RO Carbon filter enhances the water taste and provides the water a sparkling look. UF and UV filters are there within the end to make sure that the water is entirely free from bacteria and microbes.
AquaSure Delight may be a simple RO that provides you 99% Safe and attractive beverage.
This RO Comes with a compact design and doesn’t occupy much space in your kitchen as you’ll hang it to the kitchen wall. The tank is semi-transparent, and three LED indicators will inform you about tank full status and purification status.
Also, this water purifier will make a beep sound if the UV Bulb or the other Filters Are failed. But there’s no filter change alarm, and you won’t get any notifications beforehand if there’s a requirement for a filter change.
The Machine will make a beep sound only the lifetime of the filter is completed. this is often a minor disadvantage, but it’ll happen just one occasion a year, and Aquagaurd service centers are everywhere in India, and you’ll get the filter changed within each day.
Positives of AquaSure Delight
- AquaSure Delight is that the most affordable and fully functional RO water purifier suitable even for water having higher TDS levels up to 2000ppm.
- The manual TDS Controller option is superb to regulate the TDS levels consistent with our taste.
- Pricing is that the biggest USP of AquaSure Delight. You get a 7 Litre RO water purifier that features a 6000 Litres cartridge life. The Cartridge lasts easily for a year for a little family of 4 members.
- Based on many customer feedback, the Annual maintenance cost is going to be around ₹3000 per annum.
- Unlike Pureit Eco Water Saver and Kent Supreme extra, AquaSure Delight wastes 1-liter water for each 1 liter purified. The reject water is discharged through a drain pipe. most people place the drainpipe within the washbasin, which may be a bad practice. The reject water isn’t suitable for drinking and cooking purposes, but it’s excellent to use that water for laundry clothes, bathing, and watering plants.
- There is no Alarm to notify you about filter change beforehand.
5. KENT Grand+ 9 LTR Mineral RO+UV+UF+TDS Water Purifier
Kent Grand Plus is that the best-selling RO water purifier in India for nearly five years. there’s no difference between Kent Grand Plus and Kent Supreme models aside from the tank capacity.
If you’re trying to find an RO With an enormous tank and 0 water wastage, Kent Grand Plus is that the right choice.
As I discussed earlier with the Kent Supreme model, the Zero Water Wastage will work as long as your house has an overhead tank as a separate connection is required to recirculate the reject water. this sort of connection won’t be possible for people living in an Apartment complex where there’s a standard water tank.
Most buyers think that they don’t need to spend anything from their pocket as kent provides three years of free service. Yes, Kent only provides free service, which suggests you don’t need to pay the Technician his service fee of ₹500. But, you’ve got to buy the filters that are replaced.
Every year you’ve got to vary the RO membrane, UV Lamp, sediment filter, and carbon filters, and therefore the cost is going to be around ₹4000; this is often much less in comparison with what you buy 20-liter water can a day throughout the year.
A Water purifier may be a one-time investment. But there’ll be maintenance charges. The Membranes got to get replaced per annum as they convert salty heavy TDS water into pure water. Most buyers don’t know this, and therefore the sellers also provide little or no information once you buy products.
- RO+UV+UF Purification With TDS Controller and UV Bulb in the tank for 100% Pure and Safe water.
- Suitable for top TDS water, brackish, and borewell water.
- Very Large 9 Litre UV Disinfection Tank for keeping water safe for more extended periods.
- Push-fit and leakage proof components with RO membrane fused inside membrane housing to stop tampering
- ABS Food Grade Plastic Body
- Purification capacity is 20 Liters per hour.
- MTDS regulator for Manual TDS Adjustment for Mineral retention and taste.
- Filter Change and UV Fail Alarms
- One Year Product Warranty and Three free service
Why can we suggest Kent Grand Plus?
Kent is one of the Leading RO water purifier brands in India. It ranks among the highest 3 in terms of customer service. Though the service quality depends on the local operator in your area, they supply quick support in most cases.
The Technicians for any Water Purifier or other Appliances like AC or Fridge are Medicare staff. They don’t have in-depth knowledge about the products; they’re trained enough to try to do the installation properly. I see tons of consumers blaming technicians for a lack of in-depth knowledge about the merchandise. Unlike Apple, these companies don’t spend significant Money on service and marketing. Apple products are priced on the upper side, and not everyone can afford them.
The Purification process of Kent Grand Plus is precisely equivalent because of the Kent Supreme model mentioned above.
Pre Filters will look out for Suspended contaminants, chlorine, and pesticides. The RO Membrane decreases the Hardness of water and eliminates dissolved impurities.
Some water is directly diverted into the UF membrane; this is often done to take care of natural minerals within the water.
What are the benefits of Kent Grand Plus
- The neatest thing about the Kent Grand+ water purifier is that the Manual TDS Controller. you’ll increase the TDS value within the water by rotating the screw of the TDS value anticlockwise. Similarly, you’ll reduce the TDS by turning the screw clockwise.
- The Technician Always sets the TDS Around 100 mg/l, but you’ll ask him to repair it around 250 mg/l. As I discussed earlier, water in the TDS range of 100 to 300ppm is superb for consumption and is crammed with rich, vital natural minerals.
- The Transparent front cover design of Kent Grand Plus is gorgeous, and it also gives you a view of the working parts inside the purifier.
- The Zero Water Wastage technology preserves many liters of water by recirculating the reject water to the overhead tank using its booster pump. All you would like is an overhead tank or the other tank.
- The RO membrane comes with the AutoFlush feature that forestalls scaling formation on the layer, thereby increasing the life and efficiency of the RO membrane.
- Also, there are other impressive features like Filter change and UV Fail Alarms which will make a beep sound and notify you if there’s a requirement for a filter change. of these features make Kent Grand Plus a fail-Safe RO Water purifier.
Disadvantages of Kent Grand Plus
- Zero Water Wastage technology won’t be possible for people living in Multi Storied Apartment complexes.
- The Product is priced a touch bit on the upper side.
6. AO Smith Z9 Green R.O. 10 Litre Water Purifier
Premium R.O. Water Purifier with predicament Dispense option
We don’t list AO Smith water purifiers at the highest because these models are priced above Rs 20000, and therefore the Maintenance cost is additionally around Rs 5000 per annum.
If Budget isn’t your concern, AO Smith Z9 is a superb option for you. This R.O. water purifier is loaded with superior features, and this R.O. can instantly dispense predicament at 45 C and 80 C with just a press of a button.
- 8 Stage Purification Process includes Pre-Filter, Sediment Filter, Carbon Filter, ART + Patented R.O. Membrane + Mineralizer.
- 100% of Water Passes through R.O. Membrane, and Minerals are going to be artificially added at the top of the purification process.
- This AO Smith RO Water Purifier is suitable for all types of water sources with TDS levels under 2000ppm.
- Storage Tank Capacity is 10 Litres
- Pressure rating is 7 to 30 Psi
- Soft Touch buttons to Dispense WaterWater
- ART that saves 2x WaterWater in comparison with unbranded R.O. water purifiers.
- 1 Year Comprehensive Warranty
Why can we recommend AO Smith Z9?
AO Smith Z9 is full of many features that aren’t available in ordinary R.O. water purifiers.
This R.O. Water purifier comes with an inbuilt heater which will provide instant hot and purified water at two different temperatures of 45 C and 80 C, respectively; this feature is handy if you favor drinking predicament or to form instant tea or the other hot drink.
As you’ll within the Images, the Build Quality of the AO Smith Z9 is Solid and Robust with premium looks. This model comes with an evening Assist feature, the soft-touch buttons will glow during the nighttime, and you’ll easily dispense Water without the necessity to show on regular lights. This feature also gives your kitchen a chic look.
Coming to the Purification process, you don’t need to install a pre-filter with this model albeit the WaterWater is dirty. The R.O. Purification is 100%, and every one the water passes through the R.O. membrane. The Mineralizer will add essential minerals like C.A. and Mg after the purification process. Hence this model is suitable albeit your water source is salty or it contains excess TDS.
The SideStream R.O. membrane during this AO Smith water purifier increases the water recovery rate to 50% compared to the 25% standard R.O. water purifiers.
What are the Benefits?
- The ART Technology saves 2X Water and reduces up to 56% of water wastage.
- You can Place this Water Purifier on Table, Counter otherwise you can hang it on your Kitchen Wall.
- There is not any got to install Pre-Filters for this AO Smith Water Purifier.
- Along with Pre Filters and R.O., this Z9 R.O. comes with SCMT Filter (Silver charged membrane). This Filter prevents microbial contamination and ensures that the Water is 100% Safe for drinking.
- The filter Change Alert system is sound. the indications on the Temperature display will blink if the R.O. membrane or the other filter needs replacement.
Are there any Negatives?
- The irritating thing about Z9 R.O. is, the soft-touch buttons won’t work if there’s an influence cut. you’ll connect this water purifier to your Home Inverter to avoid this. we’ve done an equivalent thing, and this R.O. works on Inverter without much load.
- Hot Water Dispensing will work only the tank is full.
7. Aquaguard Aura 7L UV + UF water purifier With Active Copper
Best UV UF Water Purifier in India Suitable for Low TDS water below 300 ppm.
We have stressed this multiple times in our article; If your water source has the proper amount of TDS levels between 100 to 300ppm, you don’t need an RO water purifier.
A UV + UF water purifier is that the right choice when the TDS levels in your water are low. These filters will remove bacteria, viruses, pesticides, and suspended mud and mud from the water, but salts and vital minerals won’t be removed.
- UV+UF Water Purification alongside Active Copper technology
- Suitable For Water sources having TDS but 300ppm.
- The Storage capacity is 7 liters
- Wall Mounting and Tab Top options
- This Product comes with One Year Warranty
Why can we recommend Aquaguard Aura?
Aquaguard Aura UV UF Model is that the most suitable option of water purifier suitable for municipality-supplied water. In most cases, the municipal water is already treated, and therefore the TDS levels are going to be within the normal range. In Such cases, RO purification isn’t needed.
I have mentioned the advantages of Copper within the water earlier within the article; its properties that boost metabolism and supply our body with much-needed strength. The Active Copper Cartridge infuses the proper amount of copper ions into the purified beverage.
These days People have an interest in investing altogether the straightforward ways in which improve immunity and health. Providing the proper amount of Copper to our body is at the highest of the list. Drinking the water crammed with Copper ions is that the easiest method of providing our body this vital mineral.
The Copper ions are added within the Acceptable Limit only. This water purifier is strictly abided by IS 10500:2012 beverage specification Guidelines.
Advantages of Aquaguard Aura
- , Unlike RO Water Purifiers, the Aquaguard Aura UV UF model doesn’t waste even one drop of water.
- The lifetime of the UV Bulb is 8000 burning hours, and UltraViolet rays generated from this UV Build will deactivate all the virus and bacteria; this is often almost like boiling the water during a high flame for quite 20 minutes.
- Before the water is shipped into UF, UV Chambers, it’s treated by a Pre-Filter and Carbon filter that removes suspended particles, dust, chlorine, pesticides, bad taste, and odor from the water.
- The Design of this Aquaguard Aura is Elegant, Stylish, and Compact. you’ll either place this water purifier on the table or hang it on the wall. The Plastic utilized in the development of this Model is Food Grade ABS plastic which is food safe. there’s also an insect prevention lid on the highest.
- The maintenance cost of Aquaguard Aura is significantly less as there’s no RO Purification. The UV Bulb runs for 8000 hours, and other filters need replacement only after 6000 liters of purification.
- There are necessary filter changes and UV Bulb change Alarms which will inform you if there’s a requirement for replacement; this machine will pack up if you don’t replace the filters after they’re exhausted.
What are the Drawbacks?
- This UV UF Model is Priced much higher in comparison with the Kent Maxx UV UF Water purifier. But the Kent model doesn’t infuse Copper into the water.
- Even though this water purifier adds Copper is calculated and therefore the correct amounts are consistent with the IS 10500:2012 beverage Guidelines, there’s no choice to dispense non-copper water. Copper-infused water won’t be suitable for cooking purposes.
Water Purifier Buying Guide
Why does one need a water purifier?
You have hit the nail right the top by asking this question. The water that’s available in our taps isn’t precisely the best one to drink directly. This water contains all types of contaminants one can imagine. It explains why many of us boil water before drinking it.
Therefore, one can resort to using water purifiers which will deliver high-quality beverages that surprisingly, tastes good, as well. Now the ‘Why’ a part of the question is out of the way. allow us to now consider what to try to do before purchasing your water purifier.
Test the faucet water
Of course, there are two ways of testing water. One is to use your instincts, and therefore the other may be a scientific way with the utilization of a TDS meter or what we ask as a water testing kit. The natural way is to smell and taste the water. If it smells or tastes awful, you ought to plow ahead and skim the remainder of the article.
At an equivalent time, if it smells and tastes good, what do you have to do? you ought to still plow ahead and skim the article thoroughly. Tap water contains soluble and insoluble impurities. Despite the municipalities purifying groundwater, the water can devour contaminants on its thanks to your home.
It has to undergo pipes and tanks. Pipelines and tanks are often corroded. they will even have a mineral build-up. Both of those factors affect the standard of water.
Secondly, groundwater can have impurities like arsenic, antimony, lead, and so on. It also can contain Dissolved Solids.
Where are you able to test the water?
You do not need to attend a laboratory to conduct the test. The TDS meter may be a simple tool to use. It gives reasonably accurate results that ought to enable you to decide on the sort of water purifier you ought to have in your home.
How does one use the TDS meter?
A digital TDS meter shouldn’t cost quite a couple of hundred rupees. Invest in one, because it will prove useful to you at all times. Here is how you employ the TDS meter.
Step 1 – Determine the temperature of water within the following way
- Switch on the TDS meter and press the TEMP button.
- Place the meter inside the glass of water and write its temperature.
- Return to the TDS mode by pressing the TEMP button again.
Step 2 – Measure the TDS level
- Remove the protective cap of the TDS meter and switch the TDS meter on.
- Immerse the TDS meter within the glass of water up to the utmost immersion level marked on the device.
- If there are any bubbles within the water, stir them gently to urge to obviate them.
- Wait for about 10 seconds and permit the reading to stabilize.
- Press the HOLD option and take away the device to notice down the reading.
Now, you’ve got the reading. What do you have to do now? This table will offer you an honest idea about what the reading conveys.
Now, you recognize the TDS level also because of the water quality.
You should plow ahead and buy the perfect water purifier. allow us to now discuss what these specific terms, TDS, UV, UF, RO, then on signify. it’ll assist you to understand the fundamentals well.
RO Water Purifier – working rule
The RO water purifiers available within the market employ a six-level or seven-level water filtration process.
The sediment filter is that the first line of defense in an RO water purifier. Usually, the sediment filter is placed outside the RO water purifier machine.
The sediment filter works in a way almost like that of the erstwhile candle filters we had within the late 1980s. The water from the source passes through this sediment filter that takes care of the massive impurities.
Pre-Activated Carbon Filter
The RO water purifier system has the water passing through an activated charcoal filter to get rid of the organic impurities. This filter also helps by removing the unpleasant taste of water.
The UF is that the third stage of filtration. The water now skilled the UF membrane to trap soluble contaminants.
The UF membrane consists of small pores which will trap microscopic pollutants. Thus, the water becomes relatively freed from soluble solids after passing through the UF stage.
Reverse Osmosis Stage
RO purification is that the crucial stage within the purification process. The UF-purified water passes through the RO membrane, thereby leading to the elimination of all TDS.
This purification process removes the toxic molecules of lead, arsenic, mercury, and other contaminants. It also ensures to get rid of TDS by quite 99%. Thus, you’ve got TDS-free water emerging from the outlet. The RO process features a disadvantage therein it wastes tons of water while squeezing out pure water from the water source. This water flows out of the machine through a separate outlet
The RO process takes care of TDS and other metallic impurities. It destroys a variety of the larger microorganisms, as well. However, organisms having a size but the pores of the RO membrane undergo the filtration process. This RO-purified water then passes through an ultraviolet chamber that destroys the viruses and bacteria from the water.
Hence, you’ve pure and healthy water at the highest of the fifth stage of purification.
Post-activated carbon filter
The UV process eliminates viruses and bacteria by killing them. However, it cannot eliminate the dead bodies of these viruses. Secondly, some organic impurities manage to sneak through the tactic.
Hence, the water passes through a Post-activated filter obviate “> to urge obviate these dead bodies and improve the taste of water by getting obviate the organic pollutants. the primary function of this filter is to destroy the bad odor from the RO purified water.
TDS Controller – Mineraliser
As explained earlier, the RO purified water has low levels of TDS. within the method, the water loses essential salts like calcium, potassium, and magnesium, among others.
The TDS controller replenishes these salts and balances the pH level of water. we’ve discussed that pure water is tasteless and odorless. Hence, the TDS controller serves to balance the pH levels and make the water tasty and healthy to drink.
The mineralizer performs a uniform function because of the TDS controller. It supplements the mineral content lost during RO purification. The mineralizer could also be a far better option than the TDS controller because it replenishes the precise minerals.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which water purifier brand offers only after-sales services?
In this era of customer service, all water purifier brands offer good after-sales services. However, it depends on various factors like availability of service centers in your city, accessibility to spare parts, and so on. the only because to verify these factors is to undertake a neighborhood search on Google or undergo Just Dial reviews.
Going through the official websites or e-commerce websites where customers post their reviews is additionally an honest way of ascertaining the after-sales service facilities of water purifier brands.
what is the annual maintenance cost (AMC) for an RO water purifier?
Most of the very best water purifier brands offer regular AMC services. The rates depend on various factors. Usually, it’s within the range of around Rs 4,000 once a year. However, it’s better to verify from the water purifier AMC provider.
This AMC includes the worth of replacement of the numerous filters like RO membrane, UV and UF filters, activated carbon filters, and sediment filters.
You have to exchange these filters on an annual basis to extract optimum performance from your water purifier. ask the actual specifications
What are TDS Controllers / Modulators?
As the name suggests, TDS controllers control the proportion of TDS within the water beginning of the RO water purifier. Why do I need these controllers? The RO purifiers reduce the hardness of input water by approximately 90%. Hence, if the TDS level of the water source is around 800, the TDS proportion of the output water is getting to be within the range of 80.
This water with a coffee TDS level doesn’t have quality. Secondly, you’d like some minerals and salts within the water to strengthen the taste. The TDS controllers add the next manner. The TDS controller divides the water that goes into the RO water system into two parts. One part goes through the RO membrane whereas the other part goes into the UV and UF filters.
The water that goes through the UV and UF filters doesn’t undergo any change within the TDS levels. Therefore you get two different outputs. the last word output could also be a mix of both these glasses of water. this is often the work of the TDS modulator.
What’s a Mineralizer / Mineral guard?
One must admit that the RO water purifier does a superb job of purifying the water. But, it removes essential minerals in conjunction with hazardous ones. This leaves the output water with a bland taste that does not have much nutrient value. Therefore, you’ve water purifier brands including a further stage of filtration that ensures the addition of essential minerals to the water.
This helps in maintaining the pH balance also. Different brands have different names for these mineralizers. Aquaguard names it ‘Mineral Guard’.
What proportion of water is wasted with an RO water purifier?
The biggest drawback of RO water purifiers is that it wastes water tons. for every liter of pure water it produces, the machines waste 2 liters of water. The wastage of water depends on the quality of the input water. the upper the TDS of input water, the upper is that the wastage
How do I use reject water?
The reject water contains 95 to 99% of impurities. Hence, this water is completely unfit for human consumption. However, there are other uses.
You can use this water for gardening, cleaning utensils, mopping floors, cleaning bathroom floors and toilets. However, one should note scrub the utensils with water to get rid of the salt deposits.
ABS plastic or chrome steel tank – Which is better?
Storage tanks are essential ingredients in any water purifier. These storage tanks are anywhere within the capacity of 10 liters or more.
Hence, you would like strong material to face up to the load of the machine also because of the water. ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) may be a thermoplastic polymer capable of withstanding high-temperature fluctuations.
ABS plastic doesn’t require the maximum amount of maintenance as needed by steel tanks. Hence, they’re preferable to chrome steel tanks today.
Is it safe to shop for a water purifier online?
It depends on the customer and therefore the website from where he chooses to get. Some people are easier to buy water purifiers after having a glance at the features. Some people are comfortable buying online.
However, one should choose reputed brands from reliable websites like Amazon. You get good deals on these websites.
Am I able to buy a non-branded RO water purifier?
It is never advisable to shop for a non-branded water purifier. Your health is usually more important. Invest in a reputed brand due to the standard you get.
Non-branded water purifiers don’t have TDS controllers or mineralizers. This affects the standard of the output. These locally made water purifiers could be inexpensive, but they’re not worth investing in. you’ll lose all the minerals within the water once you prefer to buy a budget one.
You have just skilled the Water purifier buying guide. This guide should assist you to make a simple decision about choosing the proper water purifier for your home.
You can simply choose a UV/UF water purifier if the TDS levels in your water source are below 400ppm. If the TDS levels are quite 500ppm, you’ve got to put in an RO water purifier.
Make sure that your RO water purifier comes with a mixture of either a TDS Controller or Mineralizer to retain the essential natural minerals.