What is the main home appliance you would like for preparing Idli batter, Dosa batter, spices, and chutneys?
This is the age of the web. You get everything online today. The Mixer Grinder isn’t different in any way. There are many e-commerce websites where you get an excellent choice.
1. Bosch TrueMixx Pro Mixer Grinder 1000 Watt
I still remember the times when my grandma won’t grind our favorite masalas on the grinding stone. Though it had been a hectic job, the taste of the chutneys was incomparable.
The positive aspect of this Bosch TrueMixx Pro Mixer Grinder is that it manages to bring an equivalent taste to our palate. It’s precisely the rationale why I even have been using this mixer-grinder lately.
- Pounding Blade technology with thick edges to duplicate the pounding effect of the proverbial grinding stone
- High-quality and sharp stainless-steel blades to reinforce the wet grinding performance
- Hands-free operation
- Powerful motor with half-hour motor rating for a maximum of six cycles
- Overload protector to reinforce safety levels
Why can we recommend Bosch Mixer Grinder?
The patented Pounding Blade technology is what attracted us to the present machine. Our Indian cuisine consisting of spices needs the pounding effect rather than cutting them because it helps preserve the coarse texture of the masalas and helps retain the authentic flavor.
You must have tasted the idlis and dosas prepared out of batter prepared by crushing the ingredients on the grinding stone. This Bosch machine tries to match the effect by introducing the Active Flow Breaker technology that gives proper mixing of the ingredients and makes the batter fluffier and provides softness.
Another advantage of the Bosch TrueMixx Pro Mixer Grinder is that you can simply get the juices you’ve got been looking for. The Maxx Juice Extractor feature makes your smoothness creamier and milkshakes tastier.
What are the Positives?
- We love this mixer-grinder due to the taste it imparts to the bottom masalas and chutneys. It reproduces an equivalent effect of grinding these pastes on the grinding stone. The blunt blades go an extended way in recreating the grinding stone effect.
- Another factor that ought to prove attractive is that the concealed bronze bush doesn’t allow any contamination. Thus, it enhances purity levels and improves the general flavor and taste.
- Maximum extraction of juices ensures 100% utilization. However, this new technology feature isn’t available on all Bosch TrueMixx Pro Mixer Grinder models.
- The stability of this machine is additionally one of the critical advantages. The suction feet enable the mixer-grinder to possess a firm footing on the kitchen platform. Thus, it prevents spillage and unnecessary accidents.
- Usually, all mixer-grinders have lid-locks that prevent the food from spilling out of the machine. The Bosch Mixer-grinder has this feature to enable hands-free usage.
- The Bosch motor is that the point of the mixer-grinder. Five different models with varying motor capacities starting from 500W to 1000W are available. Counting on your requirements, you’ll make a perfect choice.
What are the drawbacks?
- Compared to similarly priced mixers like Preethi MG 218, the Bosch TrueMixx Pro makes more noise. The sound is one aspect that I detest foremost. However, performance-wise, Bosch should rank better due to its multi-utility.
2. Preethi Zodiac MG 218 Mixer Grinders
The performance of any mixer-grinder depends on its motor. The one aspect we found appealing about this Preethi Zodiac MG 218 machine is its 750W powerful motor capable of giving models just like the Bosch TrueMixx Pro (1000W motor) a run its money.
Turmeric forms an important constituent of our diet. The Preethi Zodiac MG 218 provides in our kitchen by displaying its capability to grind turmeric to fine powder within two minutes.
- Powerful 750W motor capable of handling the toughest of grinding assignments with ease
- Five jars, including a Master Chef jar with food processing capabilities
- 3-in-1 Insta juicer jar for centrifugal juicing that also ensures comfortable extraction of coconut milk and tamarind juice
- A five-year warranty on the motor may be a welcome feature because it may be a clear indication of its quality.
- The overload indicator proves beneficial because it ensures the tripping of the engine to stop unnecessary damage. The push-button provided at the bottom helps in restarting the machine after reducing its load.
Why can we recommend Preethi Zodiac MG 218?
The motor’s efficiency is one critical aspect that draws people to the present device. Efficient grinding requires the mixer to possess razor-sharp stainless-steel blades. The Preethi Zodiac models score high on these terms.
You are never in need of jars once you have the Preethi Zodiac MG 218 reception. The appliance is out there with five jars useful for various purposes like kneading dough, chopping vegetables, juicing, and therefore the traditional grinding process. However, there’s a drawback because it isn’t easy to urge replacement jars within the market.
The Preethi Zodiac MG 218 doubles up as an Insta fresh juicer for extracting your favorite fruit and vegetable juices.
Another favorable feature is that the elegant design with forefront speed controls knobs. My friends find this aspect extremely user-friendly because it comes with three-speed options and an incher.
If you look for a machine capable of performing tough grinding jobs, you’ll try this Preethi Zodiac MG 218 with a 750W motor. The Preethi Zodiac MG 235 may be a viable alternative, but it’s available with four jars rather than five.
What are the positives?
- This appliance is right for kneading, slicing, and chopping due to its sharp stainless-steel blades.
- The powerful motor is that the icing on the cake.
- Jars are easy to wash.
- It provides excellent value for the dough you spend thereon
Are there any negatives?
- The noise factor may be a significant deterrent. However, it makes less noise as compared to the Bosch TrueMixx Pro. The Preethi Zodiac is noisy, primarily when working at its fastest speed.
- The unavailability of replacement jars is another negative aspect.
3. Philips HL7756/00 Mixer Grinder
The budget may be a critical aspect of any purchasing decision. Multi-utility mixer-grinders are often a touch expensive. The Philips HL7756/00, with its three jars and simplistic looks, should be a perfect machine available within the typical individual’s budget.
This mixer-grinder emits a burning smell; especially for the primary few times, you employ it. However, it’s not on account of the motor. The varnish coating on the engine is primarily liable for this odor. The smell stops after the primary few usage cycles.
- 750W powerful motor with 3-speed control and pulse settings to form your job easier
- Three jars of various sizes, Wet jar (1.5L), Multipurpose jar (1.0L), Chutney jar (0.3L)
- Specialized blades to cater to your every grinding requirement
- Advanced air ventilation allows you to undertake heavy grinding jobs with ease
Why can we recommend the Philips HL7756/00 mixer-grinder?
If you’re trying to seek out a simplistic mixer-grinder, you’d like not to look beyond the Philips HL7756/00 because it’s all the qualities you expect a mixer-grinder to possess. This mixer can cater to your traditional cuisine like crushing lentils, preparing chutneys, masalas, and grating coconuts.
It is also helpful for grinding dosa batter. However, the extended time required for preparing dosa batter can cause the jars to become hot.
You should note that the 750W motor doesn’t get overheated, but the friction caused inside the jars during the wet grinding process heats the jars. Nevertheless, we’ve used the machine for 25 continuous minutes, especially when grinding tough ingredients, like black gram dal. This machine features three jars of various sizes to cater to your every requirement. The mini jar with a capacity of 0.3 liters is ideal for grinding red chilies, coconuts, and other pulses to organize your different chutneys. The 3-speed control plus pulse enables you to use it for various purposes.
A word of caution should prove beneficial to all or any users. One should allow the motor to chill down between product usages to urge the utmost out of this appliance.
Why is it good?
- The appliance’s small size makes it the right buy for a little family. It’s best for preparing small quantities of food. I consider this mixer-grinder as a perfect one to gift during weddings.
- The highlight of this machine is that the powerful 750W motor can run continuously for 25 minutes to grind the toughest of ingredients. I find it one of the simplest appliances to organize my favorite dish, milagai podi (dosa chili powder).
- The motor may be a sturdy one, with Philips offering a 5-year warranty thereon. Including the 2-year product warranty, this machine is that the perfect one for your kitchen.
- Compared to its competitors Preethi Platinum and Bajaj Mixer grinder, the Philips HL7756/00 may be a bargain.
What are the Drawbacks?
- Though the machine is sweet at performing small grinding jobs, one has got to watch out for the noise factor. Though Bosch TrueMixx makes tons of noise, we discover this Philips HL7756/00 to be noisier, especially when spinning at high speeds.
- The chutney is little at 0.3L. Besides, it doesn’t have a handle. The jar tends to urge hot after the grinding job.
4. Sujata Dynamix DX Mixer-Grinder
The Sujata Dynamix DX is that the most suitable option for a strong mixer grinder within the Rs 6000 budget due to its capability to run up to 90 minutes on a stretch. It is, thus, a perfect machine for grinding idli and dosa batter for little families.
- A robust 900W motor with double ball bearings for higher efficiency
- Three sturdy jars, including a dome jar for wet grinding and two smaller jars for dry grinding and chutney making
- An ideal RPM of 22000 to make sure aroma retention
- Shock-proof and safe model
- Trouble-free operations and low maintenance costs
- Two years manufacturer warranty
Why can we recommend the Sujata Dynamix DX?
The Sujata Dynamix DX may be a good mixer grinder for wet grinding idli and dosa batter due to its capability to run extended durations, even up to 90 minutes on a stretch. However, it’s not much advisable to permit the motor to run that long continuously. Nevertheless, dosa and idli batter begin smoothly during this machine.
The additional accessories available with this model include a whipping blade, a wet/dry grinding blade, and a spatula. You’ll use the multipurpose spatula for mixing the ingredients inside the appliance. The handle of the spatula comes with an appointment to assist remove or tighten the blades within the machine.
The rotary switch comes with three-speed options, low, medium, and high. There’s a whipping option, as well.
Generally, mixer-grinders accompany plastic couplers, but this Sujata Dynamix DX model features aluminum couplers that are easily replaceable. Besides, this mixer grinder features a further locking system to stay the jars in situ while spinning.
The sturdy jars are the highlights of this mixer grinder because they are available with a metal base and nylon couplers. This appliance comes with three jars, a 1.5 L wet grinding jar, a 1.0L dry/wet grinding jar, and a 0.4L chutney jar.
The 900W motor with 100% copper winding gives you a maximum RPM of 22000. The double ball bearings make this motor the foremost robust of all.
What are the positives?
- The knobs are often rotated clockwise and anticlockwise. Hence, it’s a helpful arrangement.
- Cleaning the mixer-grinder is straightforward.
- Preparing vegetable and fruit juices are convenient during this mixer grinder.
- The metal coupler lasts long.
- The mixer jars also are available online.
What are the negatives?
- The customer care service isn’t of the very best standard.
5. Prestige Iris Plus 750-Watt Mixer Grinder, Black
The Prestige Iris Plus 750W mixer-grinder is available in two colors, an honest machine for grinding dry masalas like turmeric, and wet grinding, like idli batter. However, you ought to be able to bear tons of noise, primarily when this machine works at top speed.
Like the Philips HL7756/00, the Prestige Iris Plus may be available under budget mixer-grinder. It’s an elegant-looking machine with four jars, including a transparent juicer jar with blades. The centrifugal juicer allows you to extract high-quality juices from your favorite fruits.
The 750W motor may be a powerful one to make sure a superb job of grinding your masalas. It’s always advisable to possess an engine with a minimum capacity of 750W to urge the simplest out of your grinding machine.
Indian cuisine comprises grinding tough ingredients like turmeric. This Prestige IRIS Plus is a perfect machine for such assignments and preparing idli batter.
We noticed that the motor emits a burning smell initially. However, it’s thanks to the burning of the varnish coating on the motor. It subsides after a couple of usage cycles.
- Four jars, including three stainless-steel jars for dry and wet grinding plus one juicer jar with blades and sieve
- Powerful 750W motor with copper components
- Efficient stainless-steel blades
- Two-year warranty on the merchandise
Why can we recommend this Prestige Iris Plus mixer-grinder?
This mixer-grinder has an appealing design with the control knobs placed at an ideal angle that eases your operations. The 3-speed control and therefore the whipper option makes it a convenient appliance to use.
Like the Philips HL7756/00, this device also features three stainless-steel jars, a 1.5L wet grinding jar, a 1L dry grinding jar, and a 300ml chutney jar. Besides, this machine also features a transparent juicer jar with blades and a sieve to filter your juices.
The powerful 750W motor with copper components is additionally one of the prime reasons why homemakers like to invest in this machine. It can handle the toughest grinding jobs like grinding turmeric. Simultaneously, it helps grind idli and dosa batter. Though it features a separate juicer jar, the juicing performance isn’t up to the mark.
- The 750W motor is best at saving electricity compared to a 1000W engine.
- Three stainless-steel jars plus a poly-carbonate jar to be used as a juicer
- This mixer-grinder features an overload protection feature that automatically turns off the engine in the event of overheating.
- Excellent ventilation to stop overheating
- The pricing is a beautiful feature.
- Similar to the Philips HL7756/00, the Prestige Iris Plus features a 0.3L jar for grinding chutneys. This jar doesn’t have handles, thereby making it challenging to use it. The jar can become hot because the blades spin at incredible speeds.
- The juicer’s performance isn’t up to the expected standards.
- The noise generated by this mixer-grinder may be a source of serious concern.
6. Preethi Blue Leaf Diamond Mixer Grinder 750W
A stylish-looking mixer-grinder that is improved from the drawbacks of both the Philips HL7756/00 and therefore the Prestige Iris Plus machines. On the pricing aspect, this Preethi Blue Leaf Diamond appliance should prove popular.
Preethi may be a reputed Indian brand that’s gradually climbing the recognition charts. Preethi offers a variety of mixer-grinder combos with juicers and Atta kneaders. However, the precise model we discuss today may be a simple mixer-grinder with no additional attachments. Despite being a simplistic machine, it’s a valuable appliance for wet grinding and liquidizing.
Generally, a 750W motor should suffice for a mixer-grinder. Though heavy-duty appliances just like the Bosch TrueMixx Pro accompany 1000W options, the favored opinion is that a 750W engine can do the work better by saving power, as well.
The performance of this machine is exceptional, but one has got to bear the noise, especially when dry grinding masalas at high spin speeds. It’s understandable because the low pricing of the appliance doesn’t permit manufacturers to incorporate soundproofing features like a number of the expensive machines have.
- An efficient 750W motor for grinding your ingredients and simultaneously saving power
- Shockproof ABS plastic body with a heat-sensitive cut-off system
- 3-speed operation and a pulse function to try to your grinding at your convenience
- Three stainless-steel jars with ergonomically placed plastic handle for smoother operations
- A Flexi lid attachment to reinforce the capacity of the dry grinding jar
- Stainless-steel blades for an honest grinding performance
Why do you have to invest in this Preethi Blue Diamond Mixer Grinder?
If you’re a lover of idlis and dosas like many South Indians are, this Preethi Blue Diamond mixer-grinder is that the right choice due to its suitability for wet grinding and liquidizing.
Models just like the Philips HL7756/00 and Prestige Iris Plus are similar machines, but they need a big drawback. The chutney grinding jar features a low capacity and doesn’t accompany a handle. The Preethi Blue Diamond mixer-grinder rectifies this anomaly by including a relatively big jar with a definite handle to carry it.
Besides, this appliance features a further attachment for the chutney jar within the sort of a Flexi lid. It increases the general capacity of the jar and facilitates the grinding of more masala powder. The chrome steel blades are robust enough to face up to the strenuous demands of dry grinding hard substances like turmeric.
This Preethi Blue Diamond mixer-grinder model features a heat-sensitive cut-off system that protects the motor from overloading and voltage fluctuations. You’ve got an option of reducing the load and resetting the overload breaker to resume functioning.
What are the Positives?
- The voltage cut-off technology protects the motor from any type of damage.
- The presence of handles on all the jars allows for straightforward operation. A number of its competitors, just like the Prestige IRIS Plus, don’t have handles on the dry grinding jar.
- The 750W motor is right for your domestic culinary requirements.
Are there any Drawbacks?
- Some Users have complained of leaking jars. It might be an odd manufacturing defect.
- The noise generated by this machine (around 80db) is high enough to cause disturbance within the home environment.
- The gaskets need improvement.
7. Butterfly Smart Mixer Grinder, 750W
Butterfly mixer-grinder may be a typical South Indian brand that’s making inroads within the overall Indian market. Performance-wise, it’s an honest one, but it doesn’t have a locking system. It’s an appropriate machine for both dry and wet grinding.
This Mixer occupies more room on the kitchen platform, especially in comparison to its immediate competitors, just like the Preethi Zion MG-277 and therefore the Philips HL7756/00 machines.
Secondly, the motor could become hot with continuous usage. Though a 750W motor can function for up to 25 minutes at a stretch, one shouldn’t run the motor continuously. It’s better to permit the engine to chill down between usage cycles. People tend to overuse the machine, especially when grinding idli batter which is not good for the motor.
Fortunately, the Butterfly appliance features an overload protection that helps protect the motor from damage if you inadvertently overload the machine. The overload push button placed beneath the device allows you to reset the machine after reducing the load.
- A powerful 750W motor capable of delivering 18500 revolutions per minute
- Four spacious jars to cater to your different culinary needs, including the centrifugal juicer attachment
- Simplistic 3-speed control option with a whipper to whoop up lassies and milk cream
- An LED indicator to display the facility on/off status
- The unique vacuum rubber shoes give the machine a firm grip on slippery kitchen platforms.
- Though this machine isn’t a perfect one for juicing, it performs well when grinding, blending, grating, and mincing.
Why can we recommend Butterfly Smart?
First-time mixer-grinder users can enter for this device because it exhibits user-friendly operations with a simplistic 3-speed control knob.
This appliance comes equipped with four jars to facilitate various grinding and mixing requirements. The juicer arrangement may be a pure bonus because it can help rev up your milkshakes conveniently.
This mixer is analogous in many aspects to the Butterfly Jet Elite Mixer Grinder, a viable option within the same pricing range because of the model under review. The Preethi Lavender Pro 600W mixer grinder is additionally an honest alternative, but the Butterfly Smart Mixer Grinder boasts a more powerful motor in its 750W engine.
The positive aspects
- We love the grinding speed because the powerful 750W motor grinds away challenging ingredients like coconuts and turmeric with absolute ease. The 18500 rpm speed assists within the smooth grinding of Indian spices to deliver tasty masalas and chutneys.
- The vacuum rubber shoes prevent the machine from skidding when working at high speeds.
- The auto-switch-off and overload protection features make this appliance one of the safest to use in our kitchen.
The negatives one should remember of
- The Butterfly Smart Mixer Grinder doesn’t exhibit a locking system. Thus, you’ve got to take care when fitting the jars and make sure that they’re adequately secured. Otherwise, you’ll find yourself with unwanted accidental spillages.
- The design may be a bit awkward and makes the machine look out of balance.
- The juicer arrangement isn’t up to the mark.
If you propose to use the appliance purely for mixing and grinding, the Butterfly Smart Mixer Grinder is a perfect machine. It can perform your regular wet grinding, chutney grating, and other blending jobs with ease. Persons meaning to use the juicer arrangement more are happier investing during a specific juicer.
8. Butterfly Jet Elite Mixer Grinder
The butterfly is another household name in mixer grinders, especially within the southern part of our country. This Jet Elite mixer grinder is out there in several options. The 4-jar option is one of the simplest mixer grinders within the Rs 3000 to Rs 4000 budget.
- 750W motor with an RPM of 18500
- Four jars, including 1L juicer jar, 1L wet grinding jar, 0.75L dry/wet grinding jar, and 0.4L chutney jar
- 3-speed control for efficient functioning
- ABS body, shock-free
- Elegant, unbreakable handle
- Warranty available
Why can we recommend the Butterfly Jet Elite Mixer grinder?
The highlight of this Butterfly Jet Elite mixer grinder is its 750W motor made up of 100% copper windings to form it a strong performer. The 18500 rpm speed won’t be the simplest within the industry but is sweet enough to deliver an honest grinding performance.
Another good feature of this mixer grinder is that it comes with four jars. An identical model is out there with three jars at a lower cost. The extra jar forms a juicer attachment with an inbuilt strainer to separate the pulp and fibers from the fruit crush.
While this mixer grinder is suitable for centrifugal juicing, it’s also an honest appliance for grinding idli batter. The massive 1L wet grinding jar is right for preparing idli dosa batter for the whole family. Besides, it comes with a 0.75L dry-cum-wet grinding jar which will prove sufficient to grind pastes and spice powder in decent quantities. You’ll also use the smaller jar for grinding your idli batter if necessary.
The 0.4L chutney jar comes well equipped with solid blades to grind spices like turmeric, chilly, mustard, pepper, coconuts, and other ingredients required for preparing delicious chutneys at home.
The three-speed knob is convenient to use, but you can’t move on to the very best speed setting from the off position. Instead, it’s to travel through the slower speeds before you decide on the very best speed. On the contrary, some mixer grinders offer a rotary switch option that will be rotated in any direction.
What are the positives?
- The sturdy handles spaced perfectly from the mixer jar surface are ideal.
- The powerful 750W motor can handle the foremost challenging grinding jobs comfortably.
- The separate blender jars are available with this model function excellent attachments for preparing fruit and vegetable juices and milkshakes.
- The anti-slip pads provided under the appliance offer a gentle grip and eliminate vibration when rotating at high speeds.
- The overload protection feature may be a useful one to possess during this appliance.
What are the negatives?
- The plastic couplers are present on the mixer and therefore the jars can get wiped out with continuous usage. However, the benefit is that they’re easily replaceable.
- At times, the jars don’t have perfect sealing arrangements. At high speeds, they will fly off. Hence, it’s better to carry them while preparing chutneys, etc.
This Butterfly Jet Elite mixer grinder is a decent purchase, especially when it comes to pricing. The chrome steel jars are of excellent quality, and therefore the overall performance of this appliance is satisfactory.
9. Philips HL7707/00 Mixer Grinder
One of the crucial advantages of the Philips HL7707/00 is that it’s a kitchen appliance and mixer grinder combo. Additionally, this appliance features a separate food processing attachment.
- The multipurpose food processing arrangement includes blades for mincing, chopping, grating, juicing, kneading, besides the regular mixing and grinding jobs.
- Four jars, including the two .4L kitchen appliances and 1.5L juicer attachment
- Three-speed controls
- 750W motor with compact setup and kit Drive technology
- Leak-proof jars
- Good RPM of 20000
- Stainless-steel jars with ABS body
Why can we recommend the Philips HL7707/00?
The multipurpose kitchen appliance attachment may be a positive feature of this Philips HL7707/00. It allows you to mince and grate vegetables for your salads. You’ll also use this arrangement for chopping onions and kneading dough for chapattis. The extra blades for mincing and grating are sharp instruments. Hence, you ought to handle them with care.
The juicer arrangement features a removable strainer. Thus, you’ll prepare milkshakes and smoothness without the strainer in situ. The strainer attachment helps to separate the pulp and fibers from your juices. The multipurpose kitchen appliance also features a separate citrus juicer arrangement for preparing citrus juices.
Besides, this mixer grinder features a wet-cum-dry grinding jar for grinding your idli batter. An equivalent jar proves helpful for grinding spices because the blades are powerful enough to perform challenging tasks like grinding turmeric, ginger, and other spices.
The 0.4L chutney jar is right for preparing your coconut, groundnut, and other chutneys to serve, alongside the idlis and dosas.
Kneading chapatti dough is usually a challenging task for any homemaker. The food processing attachment features a separate kneading blade that helps knead chapatti dough. First, however, it’s advisable to plaster the insides of the jar with oil to stop the dough from sticking thereto. It becomes easy to wash the jar subsequently.
The powerful 750W motor can deliver a high RPM of 20000, sufficient for your regular kitchen grinding jobs. Hence, this multipurpose Philips HL7707/00 is one of the simplest mixer grinders under Rs 8000.
What are the positives?
- Performance-wise, this mixer grinder delivers an honest performance.
- It may be a suitable appliance for mincing and chopping vegetables and kneading up to 500g of Atta at a time.
- The 750W motor with 20000rpm may be a sturdy one.
- The juicer attachment may be a positive aspect.
What are the negatives?
- The two-pin cord may be a significant disadvantage.
While the mixer grinder is often a touch expensive within the Rs 8000 range, it’s an honest option because you get the multipurpose kitchen appliance attachment to perform various other cooking assistance jobs.
10. Bajaj Rex Mixer Grinder, 500W, 3 Jars
An ideal mixer-grinder for couples and little families that don’t have extensive grinding requirements, but the 500W motor doesn’t offer an equivalent level of performance because of the 750W or the 1000W engines.
It enables better and quicker grinding of your masalas and chutneys. There will be some Burning smell initially thanks to the presence of varnish coating on the engine.
- This mixer-grinder may be a small machine that pulls its power from a strong 500W motor capable of delivering an rpm of 20000 to make sure high-quality grinding.
- Three jars should prove enough to cater to the limited requirements of small families.
- This mixer-grinder ranks amongst the simplest in its category for liquidizing assignments.
- It is additionally a valuable machine for dry and wet grinding. The multi-functional blade system enhances its utility aspect.
What can we suggest Bajaj Rex?
Though the Bajaj Rex Mixer Grinder features a 500W motor, it’s helpful for smaller grinding and blending assignments. This mixer-grinder may be a good one for liquidizing because it features a 1.2L liquidizing jar.
This Bajaj Rex mixer comes equipped with a 2-in-1 blade to enable comfortable mincing and grating.
With convenient 3-speed control knobs, it’s very easy to work to the present mixer Grinder. The whipper arrangement is advantageous, especially once you want to organize milkshakes and lassis for your children.
A small family doesn’t have many culinary requirements. This Bajaj Rex Mixer Grinder features three comfortable jars having capacities, 1.2L, 0.8L, and 0.3L.
The smallest jar is right for grinding dry masalas and even coffee seeds. However, there’s a catch because this jar doesn’t have a handle. The jar can get hot with continuous usage and thus, prove challenging to get rid of.
Positives of Bajaj Rex
- This machine comes equipped with a strong 500W motor capable of delivering an honest grinding job.
- Three jars for wet grinding and dry grinding make it one of the foremost convenient appliances to use.
- All mixer-grinders make tons of noise, primarily when working at top speed. The Bajaj Rex Mixer Grinder is not any different, especially because it is capable of rpm up to 20000.
- The burning smell you experience during the initial usage cycles is temporary. However, if it persists, you ought to contact the authorized service center.
The Bajaj Rex Mixer Grinder’s performance pales into insignificance when comparing it with powerful mixers just like the Prestige Iris Plus or the Bosch TrueMixx Pro. However, it manages to carry its own amongst its peers, like Butterfly Hero Mixer Grinder, Lifelong PowerPro 500W, and therefore the Solidaire 550W mixer-grinder.
Best Mixer Grinder – Buying guide
We have just seen the simplest mixer grinders in India. Now, we’ll have a glance at the Technologies utilized in Mixer Grinder i.e. the buying guide.
Ask any woman born within the 1940s and 1950s; she is going to swear about the grinding stone.
It was the foremost common appliance you want to find in every kitchen.
What is Sumeet?
Sumeet is that a name similar to the mixer and grinder. This is often the pioneering and the best available in Indian brands of mixer and grinder. No Indian kitchen in those times was complete without this appliance.
Sumeet is that the perfect example of a home appliance built without conducting any kind of consumer survey or research.
It was built purely supported the engineering genius of its inventor, Satyaprakash, and therefore the user experience inputs provided by his wife, Madhuri.
Today, this brand is not any longer available within the market, but still, the primary name that involves the mind whenever there’s a discussion on mixers and grinders is ‘Sumeet’.
Indians have a fetish for having short names for everything in life. Whenever we love anybody, we give that person a nickname.
The sole home appliance to possess a nickname is that the humble mixer and grinder. Indian women ask it because of the mixer.
Henceforth, we shall use an equivalent word throughout the article.
The Sumeet mixer was an isolated machine. Today, you’ve got a plethora of mixers and grinders available within the market.
You have the concept of the Juicer-Mixer-Grinder (JMG) becoming very fashionable today.
Before venturing bent buy your mixer or JMG, you ought to have a transparent idea about the various sorts of appliances available within the Indian market. Subsequently, we shall enter the specifications.
Different types of mixer Grinders
The basic responsibility of the mixer is to combine various cooking ingredients, usually during a semi-liquid state. The examples are purees, vegetable pastes for creating curry, and batters for cooking. Mixers are broad of two types.
This is a hand-held appliance wont to blend and blend cooking ingredients during a semi-liquid state. It is a motor and may be used with any sort of bowl. You’ve got the samples of the egg beaters and buttermilk churners that fall during this category.
This is a strong machine wont to mix hard ingredients. You employ the mixers for whipping up creams, kneading dough, and preparing batter.
The grinder may be a comparatively stronger machine wont to grind substances into a powdery form. You’ll use it to grind both wet and dry ingredients. The common usage is for grinding cereals, lentils, and spices. Here are two sorts of grinders that have specific uses.
One uses this grinder for grinding roasted coffee seeds.
This is a strong appliance due to the heavier load it’s to cater to. This grinder has been used for grinding different types of meat, poultry, mutton, and other non-vegetarian food.
The Mixer – (Mixer Grinder)
This appliance may be a combination of a mixer and a grinder. You’ve got separate jars for dry and wet grinding. The wet grinding jars are usually larger. Made up of chrome steel, these jars accompany fixed or detachable blades.
This is the foremost ideal companion for the Indian woman within the kitchen.
How does one choose a mixer / JMG?
There are many factors to think about while choosing the proper appliance for your kitchen.
Here are some technical specifications that each household should know. You’ll find these specifications listed in every mixer you see. Knowing an equivalent enables you to form the proper choice.
In simple words, wattage defines the facility of the motor. Higher the wattage, the heavier the load it can sustain. A traditional Indian kitchen mixer can work with a 550 to 750-watt motor. Anything above this figure can become noisy.
However, you’ll choose higher wattages if you’ve got to grind larger quantities. To grind 2 kg of Urad dal batter in one go, you would like a motor with a minimum wattage of 1000 watts.
RPM is that the abbreviated sort of ‘Rotations per minute’. The higher the RPM, the more powerful is that the Mixer Grinder motor. This reduces the time required for processing the ingredients.
There is an obstacle to having a better RPM. Your appliance can heat up and become noisy. Usually, you’ve got blades rotating at a speed of 15000 rpm.
Rating in minutes
This factor is important as the operating time recommended for any mixer within the normal conditions, its half-hour – with a period of 5 minutes and a cooling period of three minutes. Adhering to the present ratio ensures that your motor serves you well.
In case you run the appliance continuously for longer, it can heat the motor and cause internal damage.
Brand Service provided
Why does one think Sumeet ruled the Indian marketplace for an extended time?
This is due to the brand reputation and therefore the service they provided to the consumers. You’ve got many brands available within the market.
It is better to try to do your local research before buying your product. We use the word ‘local research’ because the service provided in Delhi might differ from that provided in Mumbai or for that matter, any of the smaller towns in India.
Availability of spare parts and prompt servicing by the service engineers are some aspects to think about.
The rubber gaskets are the one that wears out frequently. The supply of replacement blades is additionally important.
Power is vital while choosing a mixer for your kitchen. At an equivalent time, a slim/sleek design should even be foremost on your mind.
You have the tower design or the L-shaped design that’s popular today. The tower design has its merits within the incontrovertible fact that it’s easy to wash.
This appliance comes in-tuned with water frequently. Therefore, safety may be a matter of concern. Inspect for aspects like an earthling, power cables, and so on.
Ensure that the mixer features a strong and balanced base to avoid unnecessary accidents.
The mixer should have a locking system so that the machine won’t start unless you fit the jar properly. The fashionable mixes have them.
Overloading protection feature
It is possible that you simply might misjudge the capacity of the mixer. This will end in overloading. The perfect mixer should have an overloading protection feature sort of a breaker to prevent the appliance immediately.
You can remove a number of the load and reset the switch. The absence of such a security factor can cause early burnout of the motor.
Check out the standard of accessories
You have tons of accessories that accompany a mixer just like the jars, blades, lids, and so on. The standard of the accessories is vital. Choosing a reputed brand is advisable as they are doing not compromise on the standard aspect.
You have just seen the features of the simplest mixer brands available in India. Allow us to now end the article with some recommendations on the way to use the mixer efficiently.
- Avoid using hot ingredients as you’ll damage the jar walls
- Ensure to feature sufficient water while making Idly, Dosa Batters, and purees
- It is vital to possess proper earthling systems in situ to avoid unnecessary accidents
- Allow air inside the jar to flee before operating the mixer
Choosing the right mixer Grinder for your house is a simple task if you’ll understand the minimum requirements of your home.
While choosing a mixer you ought to be ready to figure out the number and frequency you employ. If yours may be a small family with 3 or fewer members you are trying to buy a 500watts mixer because it is sufficient for your family size.
This guide should prove useful to you once you wish to get the simplest Mixer Grinder for your home. Husbands should note that without the mixer, they could not get their food. Hence, you see many homes having a spare mixer in situ just in case one develops a problem.