So you just received a U.S. Bank ReliaCard in the mail. This reloadable prepaid card provides a convenient way to receive funds from government agencies or unemployment benefits. But before you can start using your card, you need to activate it first.
Not to worry – activating your ReliaCard is super quick and easy! You’ve got a few options: online, by phone, through the mobile app, or by visiting a U.S. Bank branch. This handy guide walks through each activation method step-by-step. We’ve also included some FAQs at the end to cover all your other ReliaCard questions.
Ready to get started? Let’s go activate that card!
usbankreliacard.com Activate Card Online
Activating your ReliaCard online is crazy simple. Just:
- Visit the usbankreliacard.com/activate website
- Click “Activate Card”
- Enter your 16-digit card number
- Select a 4-digit PIN
- Provide your card expiration date and date of birth
- Click “Activate”
And that’s it – your card is now active! Don’t forget to sign the back of your ReliaCard so that it’s valid for purchases.
Tip: Activating online is definitely the fastest and most reliable method.
Activating By Phone
You can also activate your ReliaCard by calling 1-800-236-3838. Make sure you have:
- Your 16-digit card number
- Your personal information
- Call 1-800-236-3838
- Follow the automated prompts
- Enter your card details when requested
And your ReliaCard will be activated through the automated system. Easy peasy!
Activating Through Mobile App
If you prefer, download the U.S. Bank ReliaCard app on your iOS or Android device.
- Search for “US Bank ReliaCard” in the App Store/Google Play Store
- Download and open the app
- Tap “Activate New Card”
- Enter your 16-digit card number and expiration date
- Click “Activate”
Boom! Your mobile app activation is complete.
Activating at a U.S. Bank Branch
You can also visit your nearest U.S. Bank branch to activate your ReliaCard in person. Bring your:
- Unactivated U.S. Bank ReliaCard
- Valid photo ID
A bank representative will assist with activating on the spot.
Checking Your Balance
Here’s how to check your ReliaCard balance:
- usbankreliacard.com Login – Sign in online
- ReliaCard Mobile App – Check in app
- Text/Email Alerts – Set up balance notifications
- ATM Balance Inquiry
Who is eligible for a ReliaCard?
To receive a ReliaCard, you must qualify for government agency payments or unemployment benefits. Your identity will be verified first.
How long until I receive my card?
Allow 7-10 business days after approval.
Do I need a bank account?
Nope! Funds are loaded directly to your activated ReliaCard electronically. No bank account needed.
And that covers the basics of activating your U.S. Bank ReliaCard! I hope you found this guide helpful. Let me know if you have any other questions!