Welcome! I’m here to help walk you through the easy process of activating your new Marriott Bonvoy credit card so you can start earning rewards.
Activating your card is a quick and simple process, but there are a few bits of information you’ll need handy:
- Your Marriott Bonvoy membership number
- The card details you received in the mail
Below I’ll cover everything you need to know to get your card up and running.
Do You Have a Marriott Bonvoy Membership?
Before activating your credit card, you need a Marriott Bonvoy membership. It’s free to join!
- Go to Marriott.com and click Sign In or Join in the top right
- Select Join
- Enter your basic info and create a password
- Agree to receive emails (optional)
- Click Join
Once you’ve signed up, you can head to the activation site.
Activate Your Card at spg.com/activate
- Go to spg.com/activate
- Enter your Marriott Bonvoy member number, first name, and last name
- Select your country from the dropdown menu
- Input your zip code
- Click Continue
You may be asked to create an account password or confirm additional details.
Once you reach the card activation screen:
- Enter your credit card number, security code, and expiration date
- Agree to the Terms & Conditions
- Click Activate Card
And that’s it! You’ll receive a confirmation message once your card is active.
Start Earning Rewards
Now you can start using your Marriott Bonvoy Credit Card to earn rewards points on purchases.
Here are some of the great benefits you’ll enjoy:
- Earn 6X points per $1 spent at over 7,000 Marriott hotels
- 1 Free Night Award each year after your account anniversary
- Automatic Silver Elite Status with exclusive member perks
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on purchases outside the U.S.
Thanks for reading! Let me know if you have any other questions about your new credit card.