Do you love watching free and paid videos on your Roku device? Have you heard of Simple TV – the unique over-the-air DVR system for cord cutters looking to access local TV signals? If so, you’re in the right place!
In this handy guide, I’ll walk you through how to activate Simple TV on your Roku using the official link: simple.tv/roku.
What is Simple TV and Why Should Cord Cutters Use It?
For cord cutters with a high tolerance for compromise, Simple TV is a great option. Here’s why:
- It has an intuitive interface for browsing recorded and live shows
- Lets you harness local TV signals and view local network broadcasts
- Allows you to record TV programs from over-the-air (OTA) stations and basic cable channels
- Stores recorded programs on a hard drive to stream later on your Roku
So if you want access to local channels and broadcasts, Simple TV pulls them all together in one easy-to-use system!
However, note that you won’t be able to record premium encrypted channels like HBO, Showtime, Food Network etc.
Why Choose the Roku Streaming Device?
With so many streaming gadgets out there, what makes Roku the best choice for Simple TV? Here are some standout benefits:
- Clean interface: No pushy recommendations, just easy content navigation
- Voice search remote: Controls programs and channels from your couch
- Stream phone videos: Roku isn’t just for live TV, you can also view personal videos
- Rave reviews: Roku dominates the 2020 streaming devices market for good reason
Convinced about trying out Roku yet? Great! Now let me show you how to activate Simple TV.
Step-by-Step Guide to Activate Simple TV on Roku using simple.tv/roku
Ready to start recording OTA channels and streaming local broadcasts? Just follow these simple steps:
- Turn on your Roku and connect it to your TV via HDMI
- Connect Roku to a high-speed internet connection
- Press the “Home” button and go to the Roku Channel Store
- Search for “Simple TV”
- Select “Add Channel”
- Return to Roku home screen and launch the Simple TV app
And that’s it! Simple TV should now be activated and ready to use.
Start Recording Your Favorite Local Broadcasting Shows!
Give your Roku remote a test run and check if you can:
- Browse upcoming TV schedules
- Set shows to record
- View your recording library
- Stream recordings to your TV
With Simple TV properly set up on Roku, you now have a personal DVR to record OTA channels and watch recordings on your schedule.
Let me know in the comments if this guide helped you get Simple TV working on your Roku. And feel free to share if you have any video streaming tips!