Have you recently received a PayPal debit card in the mail? Awesome! But before you can start using that convenient piece of plastic for shopping and payments, you’ll need to activate it.
Activating your card is super easy and only takes a few minutes. This guide will walk you through the process, whether you want to activate online, via mobile app, or over the phone. I’ll also cover some common questions about PayPal cards, so keep reading!
Activating Online at paypal.com/activatecard
The quickest way to activate is by:
- Heading to paypal.com/activatecard and logging into your PayPal account
- Selecting your new card under Wallet or Cards (depending on your account setup)
- Entering your card’s expiration date
- Creating a 4-digit PIN
- (Optional) Adding funds to your card
It really is that easy! Just a few clicks and your card will be ready to swipe or dip.
Activating via Mobile App
If you prefer, you can also activate using PayPal’s mobile app:
- Download app if you don’t have it already
- Log into your account
- Tap Wallet > PayPal card
- Enter card expiration date
- Create 4-digit PIN
- You’re all set!
Activating Over the Phone
Don’t have access to internet or mobile data? No worries! Call 1-800-314-8298 to activate with an automated voice system. Just follow the prompts to provide card details and PIN.
PayPal Card FAQs
Here are answers to some common questions about PayPal debit cards:
- Is it secure to pay with? Yes! PayPal keeps your financial data private, unlike some payment platforms.
- Where’s it accepted? Anywhere that takes Mastercard. So millions of online and brick-and-mortar stores!
- Do I need a PayPal balance? Nope! Just link cards or bank account to use if balance is low.
- Any fees? It’s free to open an account and make peer-to-peer payments. Some vendor payments have a small transaction fee.
And there you have it – everything you need to get your PayPal card up and running for purchases! Let me know in the comments if you have any other questions.