Listening to music on Pandora is a great way to discover new artists and songs you’ll love. I’ll walk you through how to set up the Pandora app so you can start streaming music on your Roku, gaming consoles, streaming sticks, and mobile devices.
Getting Started with Pandora
Before we activate Pandora, you’ll need to have a free or paid Pandora account.
Signing up is quick – just provide some basic info like your email address and birthday. Pandora also has paid subscription options (Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium) that give you perks like unlimited skips and no ads. You can try these paid plans free for 30 or 60 days.
Once you’ve created your account, you’re ready to add Pandora to your devices.
Activating Pandora on Roku via pandora.com/roku
Roku makes streaming music from Pandora really simple. Just:
- Use the Roku search to find and add the Pandora channel.
- Open Pandora and select Sign In.
- An activation code and link to pandora.com/roku will appear.
- On your computer or phone, visit pandora.com/roku and enter the code.
- Sign in with your Pandora account details.
And that’s it! You can now use Pandora on your Roku to stream playlists, stations, and podcasts to your TV.
Tip: If you ever need to retrieve your activation code again, just re-open Pandora on your Roku.
Activating Pandora on Other Devices
Beyond Roku, Pandora is supported on tons of streaming platforms, smart TVs, and gaming consoles. The activation process is very similar across devices:
- Install the Pandora app from the device’s app store/channel store.
- Open Pandora and select to sign in or link your account.
- An activation code will appear on screen.
- Visit pandora.com/activate on your phone, tablet, or computer.
- Enter the code and sign in to your Pandora account.
For example, on Xbox:
- Get Pandora from the Microsoft Store
- Launch Pandora and choose “I have a Pandora Account”
- Enter the on-screen code at pandora.com/activate
- Sign in to complete activation
The process works the same on Fire TV, Android TV, iOS devices, and more. As long as you can get that activation code from the app to the website, you’re good to go.
Listening on Mobile Devices
You can also take your Pandora stations, podcasts, and customized playlists on the go by installing Pandora on:
- Android phones/tablets: Download the Pandora app from the Google Play Store.
- iPhone/iPad: Download the Pandora app from the Apple App Store.
Once installed, just sign in with your existing Pandora account details. No activation code needed!
I hope this guide has helped explain the super easy process for setting up Pandora across all your media platforms. Let your favorite music follow you anywhere!