So you just got a shiny new Optus SIM card. Excellent choice! As Australia’s second largest wireless carrier, Optus provides quality coverage across the country.
But before you can start making calls and sending texts, you need to activate your new SIM card. No worries, we’ll walk you through it step-by-step.
What You’ll Need
- Your new Optus SIM card
- A valid form of ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.)
- Your credit or debit card
- Access to optus.com.au/activate on your phone, tablet, or computer
Activating Online at optus.com.au/activate
Activating your SIM card online is fast and easy:
- Go to optus.com.au/activate
- Click Get Started
- Enter your new 13 or 19-digit SIM number
- Click Valid SIM
- Select a prepaid plan
- Upload a photo of your ID to verify your identity
- Follow the prompts to activate
And that’s it! Your shiny new SIM is now good to go.
Pro Tip: If you need help at any point in the process, use the live chat feature at the bottom of the Optus website to connect with a support rep.
Other Ways to Activate
If you prefer to activate your SIM card over the phone or in person, no worries! Here are a couple options:
- By phone: Call 133 937 and follow the prompts. Takes less than 2 minutes!
- In store: Find a store near you and drop in to activate with the help of an Optus rep.
Replacing Your SIM Card
Already have an Optus plan but need a replacement SIM card? You can request one over the phone or visit a store near you. Once you get your new card, just head to optus.com.au/activate to get it up and running.
Get in Touch with Optus Support
Have any other questions or issues? Optus customer support is always here to help:
- By phone: Call 1800 555 937
- Contact page: Submit requests related to sales, business support, technical issues and more via the Contact Us page
So relax, mate. Activating and managing your Optus account is simple with plenty of support options available. Ready to start optimizing with your new Optus SIM? Just follow the steps above to get connected in minutes!