Do you ever feel overwhelmed by the number of channels on your Roku device? Having too many unused channels can make it tedious to find your favorites. Thankfully, deleting channels on Roku is easy. This guide will show you the steps so you can remove any channels taking up space. And this blog is about deleting channels on Roku.
Before Deleting: Check for Subscriptions
First, verify if the channel has an active subscription tied to your Roku account. You’ll need to cancel any subscriptions before deleting the channel.
Here’s how to check for subscriptions:
- Open a browser and go to roku.com. Sign in to your Roku account if prompted.
- Select Manage Your Subscriptions.
- Look for the channel on the “Subscription Must First Be Canceled” page.
If the channel has an active subscription, you’ll need to cancel it before removing the channel. Don’t worry – cancelling will allow you to access the subscription until the current billing cycle ends.
How to Cancel a Roku Channel Subscription
Cancelling a subscription is easy and can be done right from your Roku device or Roku account:
- Sign in to your Roku account at roku.com.
- Go to Manage Your Subscriptions.
- Select My Subscriptions to see active subscriptions.
- Choose Unsubscribe or Renew next to the channel.
From Your Roku Device
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
- Highlight the channel and press the Star (*) button.
- Select Manage Subscription.
- Choose Cancel Subscription.
Once you’ve cancelled any subscriptions, you’re ready to remove channels!
2 Easy Ways To Delete Channels on Your Roku
Here are two quick methods for getting rid of channels:
1. Using the Channel Lineup
- Press Home on your Roku remote.
- Highlight the channel you want to delete.
- Press the Star (*) button to open more options.
- Select Remove Channel and confirm.
2. Through the Roku Channel Store
- Press Home then select Streaming Channels.
- Open the Channel Store.
- Find and select the channel to delete.
- Choose Remove Channel and confirm.
And that’s it! I hope this guide gave you the steps you need to easily clear out any unwanted channels from your Roku player. Removing clutter helps you find favorite channels faster.
Let me know if you have any other questions!