Aloha! Getting a new Bank of Hawaii (BOH) card in the mail is exciting, but don’t get too eager to start swiping. You’ll need to activate your card first before you can start using it. This quick guide will walk you through how to activate your BOH card either online or by phone.
Online Activation by hawaiianbohcard.com/activate
Activating online at hawaiianbohcard.com/activate is fast and easy:
- Visit the BOH card activation site
- If you’re an existing cardmember, sign in with your username and password and follow the prompts.
- If you’re a new cardmember, click “Activate my card now” and enter:
- The last 4 digits of your Social Security Number
- Date of Birth
- Account Number
- Security Code
- Select your occupation
- Confirm whether you are a US citizen
- Click “Continue” and finish any remaining steps
And that’s it! Your card will now be activated and ready for purchases.
Pro Tip: If your card ever needs to be reactivated for any reason, you can contact BOH customer service at 1-877-406-2051.
Activation By Phone
You can also activate by calling 1-877-353-0956 and following the automated prompts. This is a great option if you prefer talking to tapping.
Additionally, BOH offers a Bankoh by Phone service you can activate by calling:
- Hawaii: 808-643-3888
- Mainland US & Canada: 1-888-643-3888
- Palau: 680-488-3338
- Guam & Saipan: 1-877-553-2424
For Business: Contact your BOH relationship manager or visit a branch to activate Bankoh by Phone services.
Adding Authorized Users
Once your card is activated, you can add authorized users either:
- By phone
- Through your account portal at www.hawaiianbohcard.com
For each user, you’ll need to provide:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Social Security Number
And that covers the basics of getting your BOH card up and running! Let me know if you have any other questions about activation or using your new card. I’m always happy to aloha and assist!