So you just received a shiny new Green Dot debit or prepaid card in the mail. Congratulations! Before you can start swiping away, you’ll need to activate your card.
Activating a Green Dot card is quick and easy. Just follow this simple guide.
What You’ll Need
To activate your Green Dot card, make sure you have the following:
- Active internet connection
- Your new Green Dot card
- Personal details like your Social Security Number
Activate via Website
- Navigate to greendot.com/activate in your web browser
- Enter your 16-digit card number, expiration date, and CVV code
- Click Next and provide any additional personal details if prompted
- Follow the instructions to complete activation
- Start using your card!
Activate via Mobile App
You can also activate via the Green Dot mobile app for iOS and Android.
- Download and install the Green Dot app
- Launch the app and tap “Have a New Card in Hand?”
- Enter your card number, expiration date, and CVV code
- Provide your personal details like name, address, SSN, etc.
- Verify your identity and create login credentials
- Your Green Dot card is now active!
Activating the Green Dot Platinum Card at greendot.com/activate
The process is mostly the same for the secured Green Dot Platinum Credit Card:
- Go to platinum.greendot.com/activate
- Enter your account and personal details
- Click “Activate Card” and follow the instructions
And you’re all set!
Can I activate by phone?
No, Green Dot requires website or app activation for security reasons.
What if my card is lost or stolen?
Report your card immediately at the replacement page. Your card will be blocked and replaced.
How do I reset my password?
Click “Forgot login info” and provide your SSN, card number, and CVV to reset.
I hope this guide gives you a clear, easy way to get your Green Dot card up and running quickly. Let me know if you have any other questions!