So you just got a shiny new Gap Credit Card in the mail? Congrats! Before you can start earning rewards at Gap stores though, you need to activate your card.
Activating online at gap.com/activate only takes a few minutes. This friendly walkthrough will help you get your card up and running ASAP.
Why Get a Gap Card?
- Earn rewards to save on Gap brand purchases (Gap, Old Navy, Athleta, Banana Republic, etc)
- Get special discounts and perks
- No annual fee!
“I’ve had my Gap Card for years and earned so many rewards! I have Icon status now and get free shipping. It’s awesome!”
What You’ll Need
Before starting, make sure you have:
- 16-digit card number – Located on the front
- 3-digit security code – Located on the back
- Last 4 digits of your SSN
- Your occupation – Chosen from dropdown menu
- Gap account login (optional but recommended)
Steps to Activate Your Card at gap.com/activate
Follow these simple steps to finish activating your card:
- Go to gap.com/activate
- Enter your 16-digit card number
- Add the security code and last 4 SSN digits
- Select your occupation
- Click “Activate”
And that’s it! Your card will activate within seconds.
Activate with Your Gap Account
If you already have a Gap or Barclays account online, log in first before activating your card. Just enter your username and password. Then follow steps 3-5 from above.
Once successfully activated, you can immediately start earning rewards by using your Gap Credit Card at any Gap store or website.
Some key perks:
- 5 points per $1 spent at Gap, Banana Republic, Athleta, Old Navy, Intermix
- Reward certificates for every 2,500 points earned
- Special Icon tier rewards and discounts
Happy shopping! Let me know if you have any other questions about activating your new card.