Want to watch feel-good shows and movies on GAC Family but don’t have cable? No problem! By subscribing to a live TV streaming service and adding the channel on your Roku device, you can start watching GAC Family shows in just a few easy steps.
An Overview of GAC Family
In case you’re not familiar, GAC Family (originally called Great American Country or GAC) is a popular cable channel focused on family-friendly programming. Owned by Great American Media, it rebranded to GAC Family in 2021 and directly competes with other channels like Hallmark.
GAC Family broadcasts a mix of original shows, classic sitcoms like Bewitched and Silver Spoons, and made-for-TV holiday movies. It’s a great channel for lighthearted, wholesome entertainment the whole family can enjoy.
Why GAC Family Isn’t Available as a Roku Channel
Unfortunately, you can’t simply add GAC Family as a channel directly through your Roku device. Unlike other popular cable channels, GAC Family is not available on the Roku Channel Store for direct subscription.
However, there are still a few easy workarounds using live TV streaming platforms. As long as you subscribe to a service like Philo, Hulu, or Sling TV, you can then install that app on your Roku and access GAC Family through there.
Here is exactly how to get GAC Family on your Roku using one of the following live TV streaming services:
Option 1: Philo
Philo is a budget-friendly streaming provider that offers GAC Family along with 60+ other popular cable channels. Plans start at only $25/month.
To get set up:
- Sign up for a Philo free trial (no credit card required).
- On your Roku home screen, search for and install the Philo channel.
- Open the Philo channel on your Roku and log in with your Philo account credentials.
- You can now stream GAC Family along with tons of other great channels!
Option 2: Hulu + Live TV
In addition to their entire on-demand streaming library, Hulu + Live TV subscribers also get access to over 75 live channels, including GAC Family. Plans start at $76.99/month.
To get set up:
- Start your Hulu + Live TV free trial.
- Search for and install the Hulu channel on your Roku home screen.
- Open the Hulu channel, log into your account, and start streaming GAC Family!
Option 3: Sling TV
Both the Sling Orange and Sling Blue packages (starting at $40/month) include GAC Family along with 30+ other top cable channels. Their free trial makes it easy to test it out.
To get set up, it’s the same simple steps – just search for Sling TV instead of Philo or Hulu in step 2 above.
Add Your Favorite Streaming Service Channel to Roku
Here is a quick step-by-step if you need help actually adding your preferred streaming app to your Roku device:
- Turn on your Roku and connect to the internet.
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote to access the home screen.
- Select Streaming Channels > Search Channels.
- Search for your streaming service (Philo, Hulu, Sling TV, etc).
- Select Add Channel to install the app.
- Click OK > Go to Channel to open the app.
- Enter your account login credentials to start streaming GAC Family!
And that’s it! With just a few minutes and a streaming service subscription, you can now watch all of your favorite shows, movies, and original series from GAC Family on your Roku device.
I hope this guide helped explain the easy process. Let me know if you have any other questions!