So you just got a new Roku device and you’re wondering – can I access my Facebook account on here?
Great question! Unfortunately, Facebook isn’t available as a dedicated channel on Roku. But don’t worry, you can still access Facebook by “casting” it from your mobile device to your Roku.
What You’ll Need
Before we get started, here’s what you’ll need:
- A Roku device connected to your TV
- The Roku mobile app on your phone or tablet
- The Facebook app installed on your mobile device
- Your Roku and mobile device connected to the same WiFi
Once you’ve got all that set up, you’re ready to cast Facebook to your TV!
Casting from an Android Device
If you’re using an Android phone or tablet, casting Facebook is simple:
- Open the Facebook app
- Swipe down from the top of your screen to open Quick Settings
- Tap on
- Select your Roku device from the list
- Voila! Facebook should pop up on your TV
And that’s it! You can now scroll through your feed, view photos and videos, and more – all from the comfort of your couch.
Casting Facebook Live
You can even cast live Facebook videos to your Roku. Just start watching the live video in the Facebook app on your phone, then follow the casting steps above. The broadcast will start playing directly through your Roku device.
Casting from an iPhone or iPad
Casting Facebook from an iOS device takes a couple extra steps, but works the same once set up:
- Go to
Settings > AirPlay & HomeKiton your Roku
- Enable AirPlay
- Open Control Center on your iOS device
- Select your Roku from the list
- Enter the passcode displayed on your TV
- You can now cast Facebook to your Roku!
And that’s all there is to it! With just a few taps, you can access Facebook on the big screen.
Here are some handy tips for using Facebook on Roku:
- Watch Facebook Watch videos – Open a video in the Facebook app on your phone, then cast it to Roku.
- Save battery life – Dim your phone’s screen instead of keeping the Facebook app open the whole time. Just tap your device’s power button once to dim.
- Control playback – Use your phone to play, pause, or skip around in Watch videos. The changes will sync on your TV.
So go ahead and cast Facebook to your heart’s content! Let your friends and family join in on the big screen.
Let me know if you have any other questions!