So you just got some new equipment from Cox? Awesome! Getting those devices hooked up and activated is a breeze when you know the steps. This guide will walk you through everything, whether you need to activate a new modem, receiver, or set up voicemail greetings.
A Few Tips Before We Get Started
- Speak to the representative in a friendly tone if you need to contact Cox support
- Have your account number, a form of ID, or billing information on hand
- Write down any important info like serial numbers or MAC addresses
- Grab your Easy Connect Kit if you still have it!
Trust me, having those small details ready makes this whole process smoother. Alright, let’s get your new gear up and running!
Activating Your New Cox Internet or Phone Modem at cox.com/activate
Connecting your modem is simple – we just have to hook up a few cables and flip it on.
- Use the coax cable from your kit to connect the modem to your outlet
- Plug the power cord into the modem and an electrical outlet
- Turn on the modem and leave it be for 15 minutes while it starts up
- Head to cox.com/activate on your phone, tablet, or computer
- Choose whether to find your account by phone number or Cox ID
- Follow the step-by-step instructions to activate the modem
And that’s it! The activation site will walk you through any extra steps if needed.
Pro Tip: If this isn’t a Cox-provided modem, grab the serial number and MAC address before getting started.
Setting Up Your New Cox Receiver
Getting your cable box up and running follows nearly the same process as the modem:
- Use the coax cable to connect the receiver to your TV outlet
- Connect an HDMI cable from the receiver to your TV
- Make sure both the receiver and TV are powered on
- Select the correct HDMI input on your TV remote
- Head to cox.com/activate
- Follow the on-screen prompts to activate the receiver
And that’s all there is to it! The activation website will take care of the rest.
Configuring Your Cox Voice Mailbox
Want to set up personalized voicemail greetings? Here are the steps:
- Access your voicemail box:
- From home phone: Dial *298
- From outside: Call home number + press *5
- Enter your PIN + #
- Press 3 for the Greeting Menu
- Choose the type of greeting:
- All calls
- No answer
- Extended absence
- Follow prompts to record greeting
Customizing your mailbox is a breeze once you access that menu. Feel free to get creative and set fun greetings!
I hope this guide covered everything you need to get up and running with new Cox equipment. Let me know if you have any other questions!