So you just received a shiny new credit card in the mail from Commerce Bank. Nice! Before you can start swiping away, you’ll need to activate it first. Activating your card is a simple process that only takes a few minutes.
In this handy guide, we’ll walk through everything you need to know to activate your Commerce Bank credit card online or over the phone. Let’s get started!
What is Commerce Bank?
For those unfamiliar, Commerce Bank has been around since 1865. They offer personal and business banking services including checking accounts, loans, mortgages, investing, and, of course, credit cards.
Commerce Bank operates in several Midwestern and Southern states including:
Now that you know a bit about Commerce Bank, let’s get your new credit card up and running!
How to Activate Your Commerce Bank Card Online at commercebank.com/activate
Activating online through the Commerce Bank website takes just a few simple steps:
- Fire up your computer or mobile device and navigate to the Commerce Bank card activation site: commercebank.com/activate
- Enter the last four digits of your Social Security number
- Next, input your 16-digit card number located on the front of your new card
- Click the Activate button
That’s it! After the system verifies your details, you’ll see a confirmation message that your card is now active. You’ll also receive a card activation confirmation email and may get a phone call as well.
Trouble Activating Your Card?
If you run into any hiccups activating online, no worries. You can call up the Commerce Bank support line at 855-659-1656 to activate with the assistance of a customer service agent.
Good to know: Commerce Bank support is available
- Monday–Friday: 8 AM–8 PM
- Saturdays: 8 AM–4 PM
Spanish language support can be reached at 855-818-7013.
What You Can Do Once Your Card is Activated
Now comes the best part—using your card! Here are some of the great things you can do with your activated Commerce Bank credit card:
- Make purchases in-store, online, over the phone
- Set up automatic bill payments
- Access your FICO credit score
- Check balances and review statements through online banking
- Enable text or email alerts to monitor activity and guard against fraud
And more! Your new Commerce Bank credit card opens up a whole world of convenient banking solutions.
Start Earning Rewards
Many Commerce Bank credit cards come with neat rewards programs too. Depending on your card, you may earn:
- Cash back on purchases
- Points to redeem for travel, gift cards, and more
- Bonus offers like statement credits
- Perks like rental car insurance
Be sure to check your new card’s specific rewards details so you can start racking up savings!
So in a nutshell, that’s how simple it is to activate your new Commerce Bank credit card either online or by phone. Drop your questions in the comments below if you get stuck anywhere in the process!