So you subscribed to Disney+ through your Roku device, but now you’ve decided it’s time to let it go. Hey, no judgement here! Things change and budgets get tight. The good news is, canceling is super simple. This short guide will walk you through the couple quick steps to say goodbye to Disney+ on Roku.
You’ve got two options to cancel:
- Directly through your Roku device
- On the Roku website
Both methods take just a minute or two. We’ll cover them step-by-step below.
Bonus Tip: If you originally subscribed to Disney+ directly through the Disney website (not your Roku), you can also cancel there by logging into your Disney account.
Cancel Disney Plus on Roku Device
Follow these steps:
- Turn on your Roku and go to the Home screen
- Select “Streaming Channels”
- Search for “Disney+”
- Highlight Disney+ and click the * button for more options
- Choose “Manage Subscription”
- Select “Cancel Subscription”
- Confirm cancellation on the pop-up
- Select “Done”
And you’re all set! Disney+ is now canceled on your Roku.
Cancel Disney Plus on Roku Website
You can also cancel your Roku-billed Disney+ subscription on Roku’s website:
- Go to Roku’s website
- Log into your Roku account
- Find and click on “Manage Subscriptions” under Account Details
- Locate Disney+ under Your Channels
- Click on “Unsubscribe”
- Confirm cancellation of the subscription
Once you complete those steps, your Disney+ subscription through Roku will be inactive.
What Happens When You Cancel?
When you cancel Disney+ on your Roku, you’ll immediately lose access to the service. However, your profile and watch history will still be saved for if you resubscribe later on.
Roku will send a confirmation email when the cancellation goes through successfully. And you’ll see Disney+ disappear from your Roku home screen.
If you cancel mid-billing cycle, you’ll continue to have access until the end of that period. Then the subscription will automatically deactivate.
And that’s all there is to it! With either the Roku device or Roku website method, you can drop Disney+ in just a minute or two. Now go enjoy all that extra money in your pocket this month!