So you just got a new Roku device and want to watch Major League Baseball? Awesome! Adding the MLB channel is simple – this guide has everything you need to know to start streaming baseball on your Roku.
An Overview of MLB on Roku
The MLB channel allows you to watch live and on-demand MLB games, highlights, analysis shows, and more on your Roku player. Here’s what you can expect:
- Live Out-of-Market Games – With an MLB.TV subscription, you can stream live regular season matches that aren’t available in your area through local TV providers. No blackouts!
- Game Replays, Condensed Games & Highlights – Can’t catch a game live? No worries – they offer replays, shortened versions, and highlight reels.
- News & Analysis Programming – Tune into MLB Network’s great lineup of news, talk shows, and documentaries.
- Compatible with All Roku Devices – The channel works on any Roku streaming players and Roku TVs.
Ready to get started? Just follow these simple steps:
Step-by-Step Guide to Adding MLB on Roku
Adding the MLB channel to your Roku couldn’t be easier:
- From your Roku’s Home screen, navigate to the Streaming Channels menu and select Search Channels.
- Use the on-screen keyboard to type in “MLB” and press Search.
- Select the MLB.TV channel from the search results.
- Choose Add Channel to install MLB on your Roku.
- Once installed, select Go to Channel.
- Choose Log In and enter your MLB.TV credentials to activate your subscription.
And that’s it! The MLB channel will now appear on your Roku’s home screen for quick access whenever baseball is on.
Alternative Ways to Get MLB on Roku
Don’t have an MLB.TV subscription? Here are a couple alternative routes:
- AT&T TV – Several AT&T TV packages include the MLB Network. Prices start at $69.99/month.
- Sling TV – Sling Blue and Sling Orange both feature ESPN, ESPN2, and local sports channels to catch some baseball action.
I hope this guide covered everything you need to know to watch Major League Baseball on your new Roku device. Now grab some snacks and enjoy the games!
FAQs about MLB on Roku
Here are quick answers to some common questions about watching baseball on Roku:
Can I stream MLB games for free on Roku?
Yes, but with limited features. You can access scores, news, and some highlights without a paid subscription.
How much does the full MLB.TV subscription cost?
There are two options:
- Single Team: $109.99/year
- All Teams: $129.99/year
Can I watch MLB with Amazon Prime?
Yes! Select nationally televised games are available for Prime members. Just download the Prime Video app on your Roku.
Let me know if you have any other questions! I’m always happy to talk baseball.