So you just received your shiny new BCBSLA (Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana) member ID card in the mail. Awesome! But before you can start using those medical benefits, you need to activate your card on the BCBSLA website.
Activating your card is easy breezy. Just follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Navigate to the BCBSLA Activation Page
- Open your preferred web browser on your computer, phone, or tablet.
- Go to the BCBSLA activation page: bcbsla.com/activate.
Step 2: Enter Your Member Information
You’ll need to fill out a form with the following info:
- Member ID
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- Zip code
Once you’ve entered the required information, click Next.
Step 3: Follow the On-Screen Prompts
BCBSLA will walk you through the remaining steps to activate your member ID card. Just follow the on-screen instructions.
And that’s it! Once your card is activated, you can start accessing BCBSLA medical services and claims information.
Activate BCBSLA Member ID Card at bcbsla.com/activate
If the activation page isn’t working for you, try this alternative method:
- Go to the BCBSLA homepage: bcbsla.com
- Click Log In in the upper right corner.
- On the login page, click New member? Activate your account.
- Select Member from the options.
- Fill out the form and click Next.
- Follow the remaining prompts.
Get Help Activating Your Card
Stuck on activating your BCBSLA member card? Give their member services a call at 1-800-821-2753 Monday–Friday from 8 AM to 8 PM CT.
You can also contact:
- Employers/Producers: 1-800-258-3005
- Providers: 1-800-216-BLUE (2583)
The friendly BCBSLA team is available to help with any account activation issues or questions you might have!
I tried to use more conversational language suited for a blog post while focusing on the key steps and information needed to activate the BCBSLA member card. Let me know if you would like me to modify or expand on anything!