Have you ever received a Best Buy credit card or gift card in the mail and wondered how to activate it? Activating cards to use for purchases may seem tricky, but I’ll walk you through the simple steps in this guide. Keep reading for pro tips to start using your new Best Buy funds right away!
Activating Your Best Buy Credit Card
When Best Buy sends you a new credit card, you’ll need to activate it before those first swipes. Just follow this 3-step activation process:
- Visit BestBuy.com and type “activate credit card” in the search bar.
- This will take you straight to the credit card activation page. So convenient!
- Locate and select the “Activation” option to start activating your card.
- Keep an eye out for this on the page.
- It may be a button or link to click on.
- Follow the prompts to complete activation and start using your card!
- The site will likely ask for some basic personal and card details.
- Then you’ll get a confirmation that activation worked.
And that’s all there is to it! See, super fast and easy.
💡Pro Tip! If the activation process doesn’t work or you run into trouble, contact Best Buy Customer Support for assistance activating your card.
Next, let me cover how to activate Best Buy gift cards, another common question.
Activating Your Best Buy Gift Card
Received a Best Buy gift card for your birthday? Here are the simple steps to activate it:
- Go to the gift card activation page
- Just enter bestbuy.com/activate in your browser.
- Enter your 16-digit gift card number
- This long number is printed on the back of the gift card.
- Provide your email address
- They’ll send a confirmation email after activation.
- Check “I’m not a robot”
- This verifies you’re an actual human activating the card 🙂
- Click “Continue” and follow the prompts
- Almost there, just a few more card details and you’ll get confirmation it worked.
Now your Best Buy gift card balance can be used for any purchases in-store or online!
I hope this clear guide helps you quickly activate Best Buy credit cards and gift cards. Let me know in the comments if you have any other Best Buy account questions!